cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item purchased is located in China

Greetings,

I purchased an item from a seller who indicated they were located in Rowland Heights, CA. It turns out that they are in China. The shipping transit time is going to be two to three weeks, not three days. I discovered this deception when I received the tracking number from eBay. I've canceled the order, but, obviously, I can't return the item because I will have it for several weeks. How can I get my money back without shipping the item back?  What's the best course of action at this point?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Item purchased is located in China

First, go to the listing and locate the "Report" option.

When reporting the listing, select these options:
1. Listing practices
2. Other listing practices
3. Item location misrepresentation
4. "Continue" to open Comment box.

Here is the policy violation you are reporting.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/item-location-policy?id=4244

Buyers can not cancel an order that is underway. You would have sent a cancellation request to the seller who can decide whether or not to cancel. So I suspect there is actually no cancellation (unless you opened a return request by mistake).

So, look again at the item in your purchase history to determine the longest shipping date displayed. You can open an "item not received" request after the last shipping date passed, and include the location violation in that report to have your purchase refunded.

However, if you do have an open return request, you won't be able to open a "not received" request because a return assumes you have received the item.

If you have this inappropriate request open, then you will have to contact customer support to straighten it out. I would do so after the last delivery date has passed so that you will have two points to argue: the location misrepresentation and the non-delivery.

To speak with an agent, scroll to the bottom of a related help page and click the automated "contact" option. Then type "Agent" in to the chat box that opens.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply