cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not received

I bought something back in November. It completely disappeared from the USPS radar on nov 20. No movement, no scan. I filed a  missing mail search on Nov 28, nothing. Still no new scan, no movement. I have since replaced what I bought and no longer want the lost item. Seller refuses to give me a refund.  i talked to eBay yesterday and they said promised I would have a refund within 24 hrs. Crickets.....how long does eBay kick the "guarantee " can down the road? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Item not received

Thank you, but this went missing way before the holiday crunch. The last time it was ever scanned was Nov 20, before Thanksgiving.  For an eBay agent to promise me on the phone I would have a refund within 24 hrs, and then go back on their word. Integrity?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Item not received

You have 30 days after the estimated delivery date to file a claim through eBay.

If the rep did not open a not received claim for you,  do that now.

After the last expected delivery date, but no more than 30 days after the last expected delivery date, go to your purchase history - select 'I haven't received it' and follow the prompts.
The seller has 3 business days to provide tracking that shows delivery, or a refund.  If he doesn't, go to your case and click 'ask us to step in'.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Item not received

I did all that. Now they "stepped in", they promised me a refund yesterday. Then this morning they say I have to wait till the 18th, and then they will"sort it out". Does sort it out mean they will kick the can down the road till January?  What is the time limit if any on how long I have to wait?  Its a big time seller I am up against, I think she has more clout than me. I am just a buyer.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Item not received

I assume the seller asked for some time to start her own missing package search, and given the holiday volume they gave what sounds like about 10 business days.  I doubt that they will extend it past the 18th.

If they don't settle it o the 18th, I would contact customer service and let them know you will file a chargeback with your credit card issuer if they extend it again. Once you go to your card issuer, eBay can no longer help, so you want to wait as long as your patience allows.

You are not just a buyer, you are a seller, too 🙂  eBay tries to be reasonable for both buyer and seller.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Item not received

Thank you, but this went missing way before the holiday crunch. The last time it was ever scanned was Nov 20, before Thanksgiving.  For an eBay agent to promise me on the phone I would have a refund within 24 hrs, and then go back on their word. Integrity?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply