cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insertion fees on Collectibles when I haven't reached the maximum 10000.

I have a basic store with 1000 unlimited listings and 10000 additional listings in specific categories. I have reached the maximum 1000 listings, and just listed items in collectibles but was charged  $.25 for each item. I certainly haven't reached the maximum in the special categories. Anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not sure where you got the idea of how many listings you get with a Basic store, but your numbers are way off. See this article:   Choose your subscription level (ebay.com)

A basic store gets 350 buy it now insertions and 250 free auctions in collectibles.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Not sure where you got the idea of how many listings you get with a Basic store, but your numbers are way off. See this article:   Choose your subscription level (ebay.com)

A basic store gets 350 buy it now insertions and 250 free auctions in collectibles.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You should be able to use the 10,000 additional insertions in collectibles, as well as the initial 1,000 insertions. I have not see any other posts about the charges being wrong.   Did you check your account or card that you use for seller fees to see if you were actually charged?  There have been times when eBay shows an insertion fee but it is not really charged.

https://www.ebay.com/help/store-selling-fees/selling/store-selling-fees?id=4809&st=3&pos=1&query=Sto...

If you re actually being charged the insertion fees, ask customer service to open a technical request.

To speak to customer service, use the link on the left side of this page “have us call you” - https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

If you don't see 'have us call you' right under the chat link, click chat.  Then at the bottom of the chat topics, click more, then click contact an agent.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Actually, it is 1000. But thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I finally talked to a rep. So, I had listed, then unlisted, at the beginning of the month, a number of items that were not in the collectibles category. Even though these items are not currently in my inventory they were still counted in my monthly total. So, it was my error not realizing what I had done wrong. Lesson learned. Always list in categories that are allowed in your 10000 free listings. (Even though they have duplicate listing categories ie. champagne coupes that can be listed in collectibles and pottery and glass!)

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the update - it is good to know there was a good reason, even though it cost you a few $ 😞

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply