cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was Scammed, Ebay was aware, yet She won. I'm livid.

I sold an expensive bracket clock with a hermle wind up movement to someone in Oregon. After about a week after receiving it, she opened a return request. Stating it was in pieces. She didn't show any of this damage in the the 10 pictures she sent. She then left negative feedback stating she received a different clock than the one pictured in my listing. She made outlandish statements in the return request stating I did this damage to the clock myself, and I took the movement out of the clock and wrapped it in bubble wrap. She did show a picture of an empty shell of the clock, a clock with no movement, no pieces. I called ebay 4 times regarding this return, and they assured me she violated ebays return policy, and I had no worries about losing this case. Later, after she ran out of picture slots she sent me emails, showing the clock frame, but I noticed the glass to the clock door was cracked, there was mention of this, and in the same email, she sent a picture of that same door, and it wasn't cracked. I posted these pictures on the return request. What she was doing, is ordering an identical clock, and needed a replacement. Once again, I called ebay, and they assured me not to worry, that there are notes on the case, and it will be closed in my favor today Saturday 1/22/22...I woke up on this Saturday, today, and see they decided after she escalated the case sometime last night, that she be allowed to return the clock, and receive a refund...This was obvious fraud. Ebay just automatically sided with her without even looking at all the evidence, and lack thereof...I'm absolutely livid. I have things coped, and printed, along with the buyers emails..I'm going to the FBI, and ebay is complicit. Why does ebay allow such obvious fraud from buyers..It's criminal.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@sbn_irish_fan 

It's eBay's policy that buyers with complaints can return their item for a full refund, after receiving a return label from you.

You can deduct the full refund if you get the item back in a different condition, caused by the buyer, not the carrier.

It's all described here: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handling-return-requests?id=4115

If you wait, the buyer can ask eBay to step in. Ebay can refund the buyer without requiring the buyer to return the item. And you will receive a nasty defect.

I'm sorry that you didn't know this.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I've been selling on ebay for 16 years. I know ebay does this to sellers. I talked to 4 represenatives, and all four told me that the buyer failed to show proper documentation of the horrific damage she stated in the return. She was up to no good, later she sent me a picture with the glass door of the clock being cracked, and in same email, sent a close up of the glass door not being cracked. I don't think she meant to send a picture of her damaged clock, she was actually trying to picture the body of the clock, but it showed to the right of the picture, the glass crack. What happened, she has the same clock, and got a undamaged one, and going to send her damaged one back to me. It was clear, and I have other key remarks, and pictures to prove my case, and even posted to the return case the lie this seller was trying to get away with...Check her negative feedback she left for me, more lies, she stated in her feedback that she didnt recive the same clock as in the pictures of my ad....how **bleep** stupid was that...then she claimed I ripped the movement from the clock cabinet, and sent it wrapped in bubble wrap, not attached to the frame. she buried herself countless times, yet, it is auto decided in her favor... I've actually filed a FBI report on this case, and have tons or mountains of evidence of the crime, and ebay is complicit, so I do understand. I understand buyer fraud happens, and ebay is complicit. They will pay  

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Give me an email, I'll forward the email to you, and you can see for yourself....The FBI will see it.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

If the FBI decides to take action, ebay will be fined, and the buyer prosecuted, and if convicted, prison time.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@sbn_irish_fan 

You can appeal eBay's decision: https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item-buyers?id...

If you were given a defect, you can appeal it: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/appeal-defect?id=4871

Later added:

You also can contact eBay's Customer Service via social media. For both issues if you indeed have gotten a defect. Check your Seller Dashboard.

Social media, find how to send eBay a private message on https://Facebook.com/eBay  or  https://Twitter.com/AskeBay

If you don't have an account, you have to make one. Facebook is the easiest.

These social media teams are very good.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@sbn_irish_fan 

Please read what I added later.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

You seem to be missing the point, and don't understand how ebay operates...The appeal process is just a formality, and never has worked, nor will it ever...All sellers know this. The buyer made so many false statements, and sent so many pictures that showed the scam she got away with, it's not even close. Ebay just automatically closed the case in the buyers favor without even looking at all the back n forth, and agent notes on the account. They are complicit. Here is proof, she probably didnt mean for me too see the crack. Screenshot_17.pngcrack not there.png

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

She has the same identical clock, and was looking for a freebie, and got away with it....Fraud.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@sbn_irish_fan wrote:

You seem to be missing the point, and don't understand how ebay operates...The appeal process is just a formality, and never has worked, nor will it ever...All sellers know this. The buyer made so many false statements, and sent so many pictures that showed the scam she got away with, it's not even close. Ebay just automatically closed the case in the buyers favor without even looking at all the back n forth, and agent notes on the account. They are complicit. Here is proof, she probably didnt mean for me too see the crack. 

The first decision is made by bots. But when you appeal, an eBay employee will look at the facts. It can be difficult or even impossible to prove what happened.

I hope you'll write to eBay via Facebook or Twitter. Be as brief as possible.

I like to give one example: a buyer wrote to the seller that she brought the watch to a repair shop, so the watch wasn't as shipped anymore. Ebay sided with the seller.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

The picture with the crack shows the same clock as you sold.

I compared the wood.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 01.38.45.png

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@sbn_irish_fan wrote:

I've actually filed a FBI report on this case, and have tons or mountains of evidence of the crime, and ebay is complicit, so I do understand. I understand buyer fraud happens, and ebay is complicit. They will pay  

Have you got the clock back yet?

If no, how do you know a crime has been committed?

Have a great day
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@sbn_irish_fan wrote:

If the FBI decides to take action, ebay will be fined, and the buyer prosecuted, and if convicted, prison time.

I think the FBI has more to worry about then a $130 clock.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Got thye clock back today, entirely different movement, video taped

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

You can deduct the full refund if you get the item back in a different condition, caused by the buyer, not the carrier.

It's all described here: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handling-return-requests?id=4115

I suggest to contact eBay when a different item was returned.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply