cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not new, but eBay said I am?

I just listed an item for the first time in over a year and eBay had me enter my birthdate and SSN etc. 

Then it said "welcome" and something about having listed my first item?

When I go to my item, it's part of normal account with 660 ratings etc. So definitely not new.

What is happening? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

With more than a year with no sales, eBay does consider you to be very much like a new seller.

For example, you were moved from the old payment system where PayPal processed the payment to the new payment system where eBay and their new payment processor Adyen manage the money flow.

Do you have a Bank's routing # and a checking account in that bank set up as your new place to deposit payments from buyers?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

With more than a year with no sales, eBay does consider you to be very much like a new seller.

For example, you were moved from the old payment system where PayPal processed the payment to the new payment system where eBay and their new payment processor Adyen manage the money flow.

Do you have a Bank's routing # and a checking account in that bank set up as your new place to deposit payments from buyers?

Message 2 of 2
latest reply