cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an item listed as buy now $135.00. I was just notified it sold at auction for $11.58.

What do I do

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have an item listed as buy now $135.00. I was just notified it sold at auction for $11.58.

It sounds like you had an auction listing with a Buy It Now price.  If the first buyer does not click Buy It Now, but places a BID, then the BIN goes away and it continues as an auction until the duration.  If you want $135.00, you should have listed the item as a fixed priced listing.  You can add Best Offer, or not.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@buckshots711 wrote:

What do I do

You have two choices.

Honor the sale and if the buyer pays, ship the item. (Recommended)

Cancel the sale and refund (you will have to use out of stock) but you will get a defect on your account for doing so and then you can relist it with a better price.

Obviously the first one means you wont get as much as you hoped, but it won't hurt your seller account and the buyer won't be upset and potentially leave you negative feed back.

As long as you don't get more than one defect in a year, your account will be fine.  But this would use up your freebie if you decide to cancel the sale and refund the buyer.  But the feed back could hurt your sales for a while.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 3
latest reply