cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I believe this buyer has no intention to pay for the item.

ebay item # 375115036301.

SOL DE JANEIRO COCO CABANA Cheirosa 39 Perfume Mist 3 fl oz US 90ml New Sealed

The item sold for $140

I do not think this person has any intention of paying. They have zero feedback because they opened their account on the day they bid on the item. Normally I would say no big deal just wait the four days and and cancel the transaction for non payment. But it's less than 10 days to Christmas if I follow eBay rules and wait the four days to relist this in a five day auction, I probably won't get it sold in time enough to ship it for someone to get it by Christmas. I looked at all the options for reporting the buyer to ebay and none of them are a good match for this situation.

If I click on report buyer the only options are

If your buyer hasn't paid, please open an unpaid item case.

Buyer demanded something that was not offered in my listing
Buyer made a false claim
Buyer misused returns
Buyer messaged me or retracted their bid with no intention of buying my item

if I click on cancel the transaction they ask what is the reason for canceling the transaction and the only options are
Out of stock or damaged
Buyer asked to cancel
Issue with buyer's shipping address

None of these apply.
I don't wanna get into wild theories but someone sent me a message asking about the item. And I'm kind of thinking that that person set up a new account just a bid on this item to take it off the market maybe so they can sell theirs.

My gut instinct tell to to relist this item today and it the buyer pays for it before I can cancel it according to ebay rules I can close the new listing it it has no bids.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

I believe this buyer has no intention to pay for the item.

@usedcomputersdotorg 

You don't need to report the buyer. Just cancel for non payment on day 5. But later if you send reminders.

Then offer the item to the second highest bidder.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-auctions/making-second-chance-offers?id=4142

Message 2 of 2
latest reply