cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Registration Country

I have been an ebay customer for 15 years. Somehow, my Registration address is set to Country = Macau. I have no idea why. I have never even heard of Macau. I am in the USA and have always been in the USA. When I change the address to USA and click save, I get this error message. "This change is not permited at this time.{e77828-1183635x}

I chatted with 11 people for over 2 hours being told the entire time "don't worry, I'll connect you to the department who will help solve your problem!" Nobody was able to help with the problem.

I also reached out to @askebay on twitter and they attempted to help, but were not successful. Basically they sent me this url https://ebay.to/36r0nLbc which is a webpage that does not load. They no longer respond to my messages, even though I sent them screenshots showing that my registration address is in Macau and that the ebay website will not let me change it to USA.

Since ebay has switched to payoneer, there is no way that I can sell anything unless my registration address is set to USA (because that's where all my bank accounts and all my life are based). The ebay website will not let me change my country and 11 chat representatives from ebay and @askebay were not able to help even the tiniest bit. Not even a single one of them acknowledged that they could see the problem. Many of them told me that my registration address is USA (wrong) and many of them hoped that if I just logged off and back on then it would be magically fixed (lol).

So after 15 years it looks like this is how ebay dies for me?

Does anybody have any idea how to (1) update my registration address country to USA or (2) contact anyone within ebay with the power to solve this problem?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@love_physics 

Yes, we may have a solution.  Two users with the same problem were able to change that strange profile country back to U.S. by also changing something else on that address page - ie, change first name from "Greg" to "Gregory" or add Middle initial or change it to full name, etc. Any small change you can make on that Address page, then save it along with the country change to United States.

Let us know if that works for you.

U.S. Community Volunteer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@love_physics 

Yes, we may have a solution.  Two users with the same problem were able to change that strange profile country back to U.S. by also changing something else on that address page - ie, change first name from "Greg" to "Gregory" or add Middle initial or change it to full name, etc. Any small change you can make on that Address page, then save it along with the country change to United States.

Let us know if that works for you.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@love_physics   

cc:  @c722061    @hangarmodels  (I'm copying in any users that have marked the original post as Helpful, in case you are having the same issue)

My eBay contact says that these odd country changes need to be reported to the Account safety team to resolve, as your account may have been compromised.

Scroll down to the bottom of this >> Help page

click "Contact us" > Help with a hacked account > Contact Agent

I believe the only option will be for the agent to call you.

If they can't resolve it, please come back here and let us know so we can reach out again to our eBay contact.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That worked! Thank you!!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply