cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

Hello, I am not new new to Ebay, but I do not sell much and have never come across this before. I had a listed posted with the BEST OFFER option and a potential buy made the offer of $35 (same as the buy it now price) and asked that I text him because he wanted to ask a question (he put = between all the words for some reason). So I texted and he asked what condition the product is in (it's list as New and there are plenty of photos). He said he wanted to buy it, but he wanted me to go buy a Steam Wallet gift card for $300 and put it inside (it's a purse and wallet bundle) and he said he wanted it shipped to his cousin in Oklahoma (he is listed as being in Texas) and said he'd the $35 for the item, another $30 for shipping, $300 for the gift card and $50 for the inconvenience. I told him NO several time and told him I am only selling the product and only sending it to the buyer address listed and he said he no longer wanted to buy it. I told him Thank you and have a nice day and I declined the listing. Was this fraud? I really felt like he was trying to do something shady.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)