cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sent me a message that I purchased an item that I did not purchase.

Ebay sent me a message that I had purchased an item and for me to complete the transaction. It was an item that I never purchased, never even looked at, it's not showing up in my purchase history. Yet Ebay sends me a notice to complete the transaction. I did call Ebay on this. They didn't know what the problem is.  She said the item was purchased two days ago by someone else and could not tell me why I'm getting notices.  She told me to watch my bank account. Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay does send such messages as a nudge to remind users that have left an item in the cart.

Although the wording of the message is ambiguous, the implication is that the user is obligated to complete the transaction when that is not really the case at all.

If the transaction does not appear in the purchase history as awaiting payment or paid, there is no such transaction or obligation.

If you have not added that item to your cart (or viewed it multiple times) then you may well have received the message in error.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I actually had never even looked at the item, so I guess the message was received in error. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply