cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay post refusing to ship to specified states ?

"RECENT SHIPPING COST CHANGES HAVE PREVENTED ME FROM SHIPPING TO THE FOLLOWING STATES: Arizona, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. NO SHIPPING to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, or P.O Boxes.  Over 2000 orders filled in the last 12 months THANK YOU!!! "

I am not trying to rat anybody out, but I saw this on an item from a seller with in the thousands of feedback,
but at less than 96% positive.

I understand the motive behind it though, as I sell from a coast, and if I am offering a low dollar item
with fixed postage,  I can get totally wiped out and even end up negative on the transaction. 
The only recourse I see as acceptable is to do calculated shipping on heavy low cost items, or just not sell the item at all on the platform.

Is this type of posting disallowed? Or presumably he/she/it has just decided to take the negative feedback lumps from unhappy buyers whose orders are canceled.  Yes, I could ask  directly, but I am more interested what ebay's actual policy is on this. 

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

@sqid98-half 

This doesn't answer your question,  but ....

I understand the motive behind it though, as I sell from a coast, and if I am offering a low dollar item
with fixed postage,  I can get totally wiped out and even end up negative on the transaction. 
The only recourse I see as acceptable is to do calculated shipping on heavy low cost items, or just not sell the item at all on the platform.

Why not siimply use calculated shipping accross the board?

Even First Class Package is zone based now.

Let the buyer evaluate the total purchase cost & determine whether or not they want to purchase your items.

Media mail hasn't gone zone based (yet).