cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay delivery service tracking

Has anyone else been frustrated with the ebay shipping service? I constantly am told items have been delivered when they surely have not. I have not been able to receive and real answer or solution from ebay. The post office apparently does not use the ebay tracking system so I don't know or does anyone else know who is stating an item is delivered.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @daveoldskool1 

eBay posts the tracking updates sent to them by USPS. They don't have their own tracking system. The updates shown on eBay are not in real time.

If an item is scanned as delivered, you should contact your local post office and ask them to check their GPS system to see exactly where the package was left. If misdelivered, they should help track it down. If delivered to your address but you didn't find it, then it was stolen after delivery (in which case no one can help - this is a police issue).

If the seller sent the package to the wrong address, then follow these steps:

1. Obtain written confirmation from the post office that the package was not addressed to you.
  2. Open an item not received case using the option next to the transaction in your Purchase History. (It will be denied, but don't worry...).
  3. Appeal the case and attach the proof that the package was not addressed to you. eBay will refund your money.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/appeal-outcome-case-buyer...

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Have been down that road before, was told by ebay they use a 3rd party for their tracking. The post office does not recognize the ebay shipping service number. I have been on numerous phone calls with both the post office and ebay and neither could provide any information.  

I have been using ebay for 16+ years and this has been the worst service I have ever received. Everyone points the finger at everyone else and that doesn't solve the issue.  When is has been a post office issue they have been helpful but they cannot track the ebay system numbers.

Thanks for your reply but that doesn't help. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

USPS does the tracking and eBay uses the USPS tracking provided. You're not going to see tracking on eBay showing delivery if it's not showing delivered on the USPS site (but you may see a lag in updates on eBay as I mentioned).

If the package was scanned as delivered, then you need to follow the steps I provided to get your money back.

(Not sure what you mean by "eBay shipping service #." eBay doesn't ship anything. Sellers ship items. Are you sure the item was shipped through USPS and not another carrier? To find out, copy and paste the tracking # into your browser.)

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 4 of 4
latest reply