cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged Item

I have a VERY expensive glass item that I received damaged.  I immediately reported to seller and they filed a FedEx claim.  I asked to return and seller accepted and that deadline is in 3 days.  FedEx is now saying they need to inspect the item or pick it up.  What happens if I do not return the item by the date of the return case?  Frustrated since I can't talk to a live person at eBay to discuss. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Damaged Item

Hi @christianj 

You should contact eBay ASAP to make sure they sort this out. If FedEx was the shipper of the item (and FedEx has requested more from you), that's the way the process has to work.

Make sure you get clear instructions from eBay AND make sure they understand that the seller sent a  USPS return label with only three days to use it. 

Contacting eBay Customer Service has changed. Click on the: Contact eBay link to learn more about the changes.

You can use the eBay Customer Service Chat Option available through the eBay Automated Assistant (see screenshot below). To begin, click on the eBay Help & Contact link at the top or bottom of the page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Contact Us box. 

Be sure to filter through the categories/help articles until the Chat with our automated assistant link is available or the actual chat box becomes available. Type 
Agent into the box and press Send. The assistant will let you know if Customer Service Reps are available right now. You can try again later if they are unavailable. If the estimated wait time it too long, you can try using the "Have us call you" option.

Do you use Facebook or Twitter? If so, you can contact an eBay Customer Service Rep using either option:

www.facebook.com/ebay  

www.twitter.com/ebay

jtzvwbug
Volunteer Responder | USA Community

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Damaged Item

Just to clarify....seller provided a return label but it is with the USPS.  Original shipment was with FedEx and they now say they need more info or need to inspect or pick up the the item.   

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Damaged Item

Hi @christianj 

You should contact eBay ASAP to make sure they sort this out. If FedEx was the shipper of the item (and FedEx has requested more from you), that's the way the process has to work.

Make sure you get clear instructions from eBay AND make sure they understand that the seller sent a  USPS return label with only three days to use it. 

Contacting eBay Customer Service has changed. Click on the: Contact eBay link to learn more about the changes.

You can use the eBay Customer Service Chat Option available through the eBay Automated Assistant (see screenshot below). To begin, click on the eBay Help & Contact link at the top or bottom of the page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Contact Us box. 

Be sure to filter through the categories/help articles until the Chat with our automated assistant link is available or the actual chat box becomes available. Type 
Agent into the box and press Send. The assistant will let you know if Customer Service Reps are available right now. You can try again later if they are unavailable. If the estimated wait time it too long, you can try using the "Have us call you" option.

Do you use Facebook or Twitter? If so, you can contact an eBay Customer Service Rep using either option:

www.facebook.com/ebay  

www.twitter.com/ebay

jtzvwbug

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Damaged Item

I contacted eBay and they were great.  Said to use the return label they provided (even if USPS) and get it back ASAP.  Said the seller should have processed the return right away instead of leaving me hanging for 4 weeks while they had my money and tried to process a claim with FedEx.  Did as eBay advised and item (2 boxes) arrived back at seller yesterday so now I wait on refund....which is a lot of money that I have been without for close to 4 weeks. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Damaged Item

@christianj 

Good!

And thank you for the update. Hopefully, there won't be any other issues and the seller will issue the refund. Contact eBay again if you have to.

jtzvwbug

Message 5 of 5
latest reply