cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer cannot pay right now for items

I just sent an e-mail to the community about a customer that wants me to wait for her payment,,,I never answered her and she bought 3 items from me with out me telling her it is ok to wait over a week to be paid.  Need a new suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

@smoki11  First of all, if they were Fixed Price listings and your settings are right immediate payment would be required.  If they were Auctions you only have to wait 48 hours to process an Unpaid item claim in the Resolution center which will result in as many as three strikes against that Buyer, which could hurt them for up to 12 months.  So some of this is up to you of course as the seller, if the items sold are worth waiting to be paid for than sure, wait a week.  If in a week they do not pay, process the UPIs, block the Seller and wait for the claim to end (4 days after you file) then close it and move on.  Filing the claim will also let you get your FVFs back.

keep this in mind, the FVFs on those "sold" but not paid for items will be on your next eBay invoice (like end of the month).  If you go through the UPI claim process int he eBay Resolution Center you will get those fees credited back to your account after the claim is closed (by you).

If you don't want to wait, file an unpaid item dispute 48hrs after the listings ended. You can close them 96hrs later if the buyer hasn't paid. If you do file the unpaid item dispute, I strongly suggest you go here and block the buyer http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html