cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterfeit Item Received, How to Proceed?

Hi, thanks for any guidance offered. I purchased a pair of BMW sensors (NOX) that were listed as genuine OEM sensors. These are very sensitive and I did not want to deal with aftermarket, or worse, counterfeit sensors possibly not working and causing additional expense to repair a vehicle. After receiving my order I had concerns when comparing the new sensors to 4 old OE BMW sensors that I have here on hand. QR codes are missing, metal case stamping missing, and a few other concerns. They had OE looking labels on them and had at least a possibility of legitimacy as they are fairly convincing fakes. I contacted the seller to verify they were indeed OE sensors. They confirmed and guaranteed no issues. So I installed them, ran through BMW test plan software, and road tested. The software came back reporting that the sensors still needed to be replaced, meaning they failed the software test (50 minute computer-run test). Contacted seller, and they are willing to refund, but only after receiving product back, which normally, I would understand. But installing these sensors is not a 5 minute job and would tie up the lift waiting for their refund and new OEM sensors to be ordered. I want  the refund to put towards new sensors as they are $800+. These are being misrepresented and sold under the guise of being legitimate. How do I contact someone at Ebay to report this issue?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Counterfeit Item Received, How to Proceed?

I was able to do a live chat and open return case. Ebay rep was helpful and opened the case quickly. Not sure if seller will have any repercussions for the misrepresentation, and this could cost me as much as $1000 to rectify the situation, but negative feedback for the transaction will have to suffice. Lesson learned, do not buy BMW sensors on Ebay, even if they are represented as genuine.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply