cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting ebay?

Is there a way to contact ebay to complain about a policy? I sold a doll, and 15 days after it was delivered, the buyer opened a case with ebay; asked for a refund, and said the doll was misrepresented. She said the doll is not 10 inches tall, even though the manufacturer and every other ebay seller listing the same doll all agree it is a 10-inch doll. Ebay forced me to not only eat the cost of the original shipping, but the return shipping as well. Ebay also allowed this buyer to return the doll more than a month after it was delivered. I recognize ebay doesn't care about small individual sellers -- even with a 25-year track record -- but now that I've seen that ebay will throw a seller under the bus so quickly even when the buyer is wrong, I want to write to them. Every "contact us" option I find leads to a useless article and no actual contact information. Is this just how it is? Is there any place to vent that ebay will actually read? (I'm guessing not, but at least I got this off my chest, and got the satisfaction of blocking the bidder. Thanks for reading this far.)

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Contacting ebay?

@rewrite101 

< Is there any place to vent that ebay will actually read? >    

If I wanted to do that, I'd take pen to paper and send a snail mail to the CEO of the company.  The art of letter writing is so practically extinct, that Mr. Iannone might read it because it's so novel.  You can easily get eBay's corporate mailing address from the internet. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Contacting ebay?

Hi @rewrite101  You've been on eBay since 1997, almost since the beginning.  So you know eBay has undergone a lot of changes.  But one thing that really hasn't changed is that not every transaction is going to be a success.  You have an enviable feedback profile with your buyers singing your praises.  But there's always bound to be one that doesn't go as planned.  There is nothing to scold eBay about.  When the transaction is unsuccessful, for whatever reason, eBay will not get into the buyer vs. the seller and determining the item specifics.  You might cover yourself a little bit by having at least one photo with a ruler in it.  But the biggest change at eBay has been the Money Back Guarantee.  eBay is always going to let the buyer return the item for a full refund even if the seller has a video of them setting the thing on fire in their backyard.  The seller is expected to pay return shipping if they want the item back.  There is nothing to do but accept it, process the refund, and live to sell another day.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply