cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacted customer by email due to a discrepancy on the listing after she purchased item! Help...

Hi Ebay Community,

I need help deciding whether to issue a refund or ship item to a customer that hasn't replied to my emails since this past Friday. This was all due to a discrepancy on the listing, which I caught, after she had bought it. Here's a brief.

I listed an item but made a mistake on the fluid ounces, I had just listed it 10 minutes prior, when I got notice that it had sold.  Then I noticed the mistake and contacted the customer to let her know. I was willing to refund it or ship it, but needed to hear from her first, but customer never emailed me back.  Which I find strange, unless she has a trick up her sleeves and is avoiding me, but I will give her the benefit of the doubt,  she just doesn't check her emails often. Today is Monday and I need to either ship order or refund it.

My worse fear is that, if I ship it, she receives item and is all good, but she will get caught up with her emails at some point, then realizes she wants to return it, after its already been opened. I don't really want this outcome, because the item has a seal and once its broken I can't no longer sell it at all.  My other fear is that she will leave a negative feed back and I don't like those either, LOL.  I don't know what  to do.  Please advise if you can. Thanks so much, Dallas Daniels

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Well, it sounds like either of those scenarios of a broken seal or negative feedback is worse than a ding for slow shipping, so I would try contacting the buyer again.

Go to  Seller Hub > Orders > Awaiting shipment > View Order Details

You should be able to see the buyer's phone number, so give her a phone call.

Answers (0)