cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captcha annoyance -- "1" versus "7"

I don't know if there are other people facing this annoyance, but lately it seems to be even more of a bother.  I'm hoping there's some way to get feedback to eBay, as I think it's unnecessary.  The problem?

CAPTCHA.

It's necessary to have CAPTCHA, and fully agree.  But where it goes painfully wrong with eBay is the usage of "1" and "7".  The distortion algorithm makes one's sometimes look like seven's and vice versa.  So you're sending a message, enter the CAPTCHA code, wait, and then find it failed.  What I started getting into the habit of doing is to click "change image."  Usually the next image doesn't have a 1 or 7 in it.  But lately I seem to find they're repeated more often.  Sometimes you get lucky and the 1 or 7 included isn't so badly distorted that you can know what it reads, though at times it can be hard to achieve that.

It just sours the experience of using eBay when trying to send messages to sellers.  Are fraudulent messages to members on eBay that bad enough to require such extreme CAPTCHA trickery?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)