cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Edit Nor Remove Feedback That Has Been Posted?

I had a negative experience with a seller and posted feedback which apparently was attached to another seller. As soon as the seller reached out to me and I discovered the mistake I tried to remove or at least edit the review that I posted, but was unable to do so. After a long chat session with Ebay customer support their recommendation was for me to contact the seller and ask them to appeal. This seems ludicrous!

I will make it a point not to provide feedback on any future purchases made on this site.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @bbuc4846 

The way to change the negative feedback you left is to contact the seller (you left it for by mistake) and ask them to send you a Feedback Revision Request.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

They did precisely that. And then what am I supposed to do? I cannot alter nor remove the feedback once it has been posted.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@bbuc4846 wrote:

They did precisely that. And then what am I supposed to do? I cannot alter nor remove the feedback once it has been posted.

@bbuc4846 

If the seller sent you a Feedback Revision Request (FRR) … you have only 10 days to use it to change the feedback.

I’ve never had to use one myself … so don’t know what it looks like.  I would assume the FRR contained directions on how to use it to change feedback.

What specific problem are you having USING the FRR.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The seller sent me no form or whatever an FFR is. The seller merely asked me to change the feedback. I, as the one who posted the review, should be able to edit or remove the review. Failing that, I should be able to ask the folks at Ebay to do it for me. But this seems to be not the case. There doesn't seem to be a clear process for making a change to a review and certainly in my experience, customer support was of no help.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@bbuc4846 

Then I will repeat my original reply:  Contact the seller and ask them to send you a Feedback Revision Request (FRR).

[Tell seller they will find a link to do that on their feedback profile.]

Once you receive the FRR form … you will be able to revise the feedback.

You cannot revise the feedback on your own.  Nor can eBay revise it.  I’ve told you the only way it can be done:  using the FRR form the seller has to send you.  [I don’t make the rules.  I only describe them.  🫤]

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have sent the seller a copy of the chat transcript. If he wants to send me an FRR then fine. Otherwise I'm done with this matter. I reiterate - I will not provide feedback on any future purchases made on Ebay.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply