cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel order after auction

Person bid on an item, then sent me a message saying it was an accidental bid.  I did some research that suggested they could cancel if they won the bid.  I passed this along to the buyer.  The buyer never responded and the auction is over.  Is there something I can do now to cancel it?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyers cannot cancel orders. They are contractually bound to pay for what they win. They can request that YOU cancel their order, but you are under no obligation to do so. You do so as a courtesy.

What you should have done is cancel the buyer's bid when he requested you do so. At this point, you can cancel the transaction using the option in the Action dropdown next to the sold item listing.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Buyers cannot cancel orders. They are contractually bound to pay for what they win. They can request that YOU cancel their order, but you are under no obligation to do so. You do so as a courtesy.

What you should have done is cancel the buyer's bid when he requested you do so. At this point, you can cancel the transaction using the option in the Action dropdown next to the sold item listing.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 2
latest reply