cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel made 5 minutes after purchase may take 4 days!!!

By delaying the cancellation, I may lose the ability to purchase the alternative choice at the current reasonable price point. My cancellation was because I read the sellers comments and then after purchase read the description noting that the laptop had dings. In fact, I'll likely hear back sooner ... but this isn't workable from a consumer perspective.

Suggest Solution: Build in a buffer in which the product is locked (15 minutes?), the payment temporarily processed. Put in a cancellation countdown clock (in small print is sufficient) and when expired, only then do the more onerous cancellation procedures go into effect.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Cancel made 5 minutes after purchase may take 4 days!!!

Hi @r*n**l*o 

eBay needs to balance its policy to be fair to both sellers and buyers.  BOTH are eBay 'consumers'. 

You are wanting to cancel because of information that was available to you before you committed to purchase the item.  How is that fair to the seller?

Did you pay for the item yet?  If you didn't ... then the seller probably wants to wait until they're able to give a nonpayment strike.

If you did pay for the item ... the seller probably wants to wait until they can refund you from your own funds, rather than having to refund you from a payment source of their own.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply