cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wanted item shipped and I listed it as pick up only. Buyer left negative feedback.

Buyer paid by Paypal and wanted item shipped. I listed item as "Pick-up Only" ihaveyouwant ihaveyouwant Rising Star Options 12-01-2017 02:02:37 PM Dear Customer Service - I listed an expensive painting for which I did not have the Certificate of Authenticity because the owner died and his sister cleared out his belongings and inadvertently threw out this document. The painting, however, was verified as authentic by the Wylund Gallery in Newport Beach, Calif. However, I understood finally that no one wanted to purchase this without the paperwork and I kept lowering the price. The money was to be donated to a charity which the onwer's family chose so I had no stake in the outcome. I originally listed the painting for half of the retail which was $3,999.99. I specifically noted in the listing that this was to be for "Pick-Up Only" and stated the reason why (which is what I mentioned beforehand). When the item got to $200.00, a buyer decided to pay through Paypal (without clearing this with me)and assumed I would mail the heavy painting clear across the country to him free. There were no shipping charges because item was to be "picked up." Buyer assumed just because he was willing to take the risk that the painting was not real that he could just change the terms of my listing. He indicated that he was buying it "sight unseen." Well, that is not up to him to decide this. I WANT HIS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ERASED.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)