cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer returned empty phone box

I sold fold 5 on eBay. Buyer wanted it for his kid and offered a little on low side but I ended up selling it to him to make his kid happy. Anyways, after more than a month he said it's not the same or "item not as described and sent me picture of a different IMEI" I let EBay know right away that it's not my item. However, eBay asked me to accept return and once it arrives let eBay know. I did that. I sent him prepaid return label and he shipped it out. Once received and opened the box it was just an empty phone box along with trash/amazon boxes. I let eBay know that as well along with pictures. Case was opened and eBay still refunded the buyer fill amount of $1100 and took money from me. I cannot afford to lose that much as I have rent to pay. What do I do? 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Buyer returned empty phone box

ebay's Money Back Guarantee expires 30 days after receipt of the item.  You stated that it was more than a month before the buyer contacted you.  You should have declined the return because it was past the 30 days from receipt.

To contact Ebay Customer Service, use this link and click on "Have us call you" or "Chat with us":

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Customer Service is open 5:00am to 9:30pm Pacific time.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 2
latest reply