cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer is claiming new item he received is damaged / used - how do I protect myself

June 15, 2018

Hello,

buyer won an auction I posted for "RealSpace Models 1/144 Skylab Scale Resin Kit - NEW!" He has claimed that: "I recieved item and it is far from new as posted. Metal trusses are disconnected (the brass part in the middle-right is this part and is clearly complete), put together poorly (again the parts are clearly not assembled),broken, a couple pieces missing, foil crumbled up that looks like someone was fustrated. What can be done?" I've attached these images to show that his claims are false and want to protect myself from whatever he is trying to do. This has happened to me before and I received the items back intentionally smashed and, therefore, unable to resell. I don't want this to happen to me again.

The kit iwas shipped new. Nothing was put together and it was 100% complete. I got it new and it stayed in my hobby room for a couple years totally untouched - something the images included here clearly show.  The buyer's claims that the kit  "put together poorly" "a couple pieces are missing" and that the "foil was crumpled like someone was frustrated" - are totally false. 

I contacted eBay right after I received his message - what else can I do to protect myself from this?

Sincerely frustrated, Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)