cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer in different country, but shipping address in the US?

I just sold an item and was charged an "international fee" because the buyer's account address is in China.  The shipping address is in the United States, though?  Should I be concerned?  It's value is over $500, so I'm sort of worried. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@msyoohoo   Some international buyers use package forwarding services to consolidate their US purchase shipments.  

Your job ends once the item safely reaches the US package forwarding service.    Reshipping voids the eBay Money Back Guarantee.  

The item was sent to another address after original delivery

Covered:

Not covered:

• The buyer used third-party freight forwarding or mail redirection

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

I wouldn't be anymore nervous about selling an expensive item to a  buyer using a forwarding address than I would to a US buyer.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Many international buyers use reshippers/freight forwarders located in the USA.  If they paid with a credit card in a different currency, you will have an international fee (not sure if its for currency conversion or a transaction fee).

I found the listing.  You are sending the item under the ebay International Shipping program.  You most likely are sending to Glendale Heights, IL (but there are other hubs).  Once the tracking shows DELIVERED to the hub, your obligation is over.  They create the customs form and send it onto your buyer.  If there is a problem, ebay will take care of it, and you keep the payment.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@msyoohoo wrote:

I just sold an item and was charged an "international fee" because the buyer's account address is in China.  The shipping address is in the United States, though?  Should I be concerned?  It's value is over $500, so I'm sort of worried. 

I just want to clarify that you are shipping the item to a third party shipping location and not using the eBay International Shipping service on this sale.

If you are using the eBay International Shipping service then there should not be ANY international fee.  

Is the location you are shipping to in Illinois ( eBay has another EIS center in CA but they don't seem to send items there as often)  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 4
latest reply