cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer, bad tracking and can't leave feedback.

Wondering what can be done if a seller sends you a bad tracking number for an item you bought? The tracking number shows it shipped and was delivered on the same day - quite a feat for free shipping since we're 2300 miles apart. Also, since the tracking number is bad, eBay apparently assumes the order was over the time limit to leave feedback and tells me I can't leave feedback (again, it was ordered and 'delivered' three days ago.) Then, you check the seller's feedback and find they have done this to other buyers. I contacted the seller who asked for the order number 3 days ago, but they haven't done anything else. Should have checked the seller's negative feedback before placing the order, but I can't let them take advantage of people like this.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If tracking shows delivery but you do not receive anything, check with the shipping service to determine if the tracking number corresponds to a delivery to your address.

If not, you may be the victim of a false tracking scam or the seller may have given you the wrong tracking number by mistake. Either way, see here for some good instructions about what you can do about it:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/What-do-you-do-when-ebay-support-will-not-help-you/m-p/340803...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If tracking shows delivery but you do not receive anything, check with the shipping service to determine if the tracking number corresponds to a delivery to your address.

If not, you may be the victim of a false tracking scam or the seller may have given you the wrong tracking number by mistake. Either way, see here for some good instructions about what you can do about it:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/What-do-you-do-when-ebay-support-will-not-help-you/m-p/340803...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I got lucky on this one. eBay removed the seller and notified me to request a refund if the items did not arrive ...which I did and got an instant refund. Thank you all for the advice!

Thanks,

Paul

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are most welcome. Glad to hear you were refunded!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply