cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Feedback

I like feedback, I give the buyer feedback when they pay.  However, getting feedback FROM the buyer isn't always that easy.  Within 30 days I'll ask for feedback if I haven't received it.  I've had buyers message me with good seller, nice item etc.  They don't have a clue what feedback is.  Could eBay educate the buyer what feedback is & how to give it.  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Buyer Feedback

Never ask for feedback you may not like what you receive. 

Feedback is voluntary some leave it some don't 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Buyer Feedback

Hi @daspotter 

eBay already reminds buyers to leave feedback in multiple ways - so there is no need to send another reminder. Based on their posts here on the boards, buyers are annoyed by the reminders they already get.

Since feedback is voluntary, just continue to leave your buyers feedback as you do now and allow them to decide whether or not to leave it for their trading partners.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Buyer Feedback

@rock.star 

< Never ask for feedback you may not like what you receive >    

I guess @daspotter didn't get the message when he received that neutral last year.  Next time it could be worse.  I've seen one seller's feedback a while back, a negative that said "Here's yer feedback. Happy now?" 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Buyer Feedback

@gosimusand @rock.star 

Good catch! I didn't notice that. A perfect example of why NOT to ask for feedback!

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Buyer Feedback

Most buyers have no problem.  That guy said something about a busy life?  Well he wasn't to busy to buy a Hot Wheel toy.  I had a good reply "Really; Nice Product, Mailed Fast, Free Protecto Buyer Asked For. Got a Neutral for Asking for Feedback? Buyer Said I Need to Chill Out. Hmmm"  LoL

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Buyer Feedback

Most buyers have no problem.  That guy said something about a busy life?  Well he wasn't to busy to buy a Hot Wheel toy.  I had a good reply "Really; Nice Product, Mailed Fast, Free Protecto Buyer Asked For. Got a Neutral for Asking for Feedback? Buyer Said I Need to Chill Out. Hmmm"  LoL

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Buyer Feedback

@daspotter 

< Most buyers have no problem >    

It only takes one.  Everybody here so far has advised you not to ask buyers for feedback.  You're welcome to ignore this advice. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Buyer Feedback

I don't anymore.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Buyer Feedback

With over 11,000 feedback, why do you feel you need more?  When I hit 8,000 I thought I was on my way to a shooting star, but my feedback received has slowed way down.  Now I don't worry about it.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 10 of 10
latest reply