cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Items.

if an item arrives to you broken and it was loosely packing or should I say carelessly package whom should be  responsible for that said item? The shipper or the customer receiving it.? Why isn’t there a custobb N we service section for untruthful sellers on this site.? I buy bc a lot of stuff on this site, see my buying history and o it a select few are on my no buy list from. But there’s no recourse for the buyer just for the seller. Sounds like corporate America to me for certain. Buyers beware of whom you’re buying your products from. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Broken Items.

Hi @sweettlavnder34-8   If your item arrived broken, you can request a full refund under eBay's Money Back Guarantee. The seller is responsible if the item arrived broken, even if the shipping carrier caused the damage. 

Take photos of the whole shipping box and label, the contents with packing materials and broken item. Send a message with the photos to the seller.

If the seller won't refund, you have up to 30 days after you received the item to submit a refund request. Here's how:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/return-item-refund?id=404...

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

No my situation with this seller was never resolved. I tried to do what was requested of me by your representative and your site does not offer me the options you  requested. My photos will not download to your site. There is no request details in my drop down menu of more options. So as it stands looks like y’all are just playing a waiting game with me to see if I’ll play along. I am truly unhappy with this site and am truly disappointed in the professionalism or should Isay lack of, that you allow your sellers to be. Again no resolutions to my problem or situation and no one cares. Typical of adore that you can’t even speak with someone verbally. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

I calculated what I spent on your site last year which was in the thousands and realized I know my measly purchase won’t make or break your site but I promise you everyone I talk to will know about what has transpired through this purchase. It’s not about the money it’s about the principle of the matter. That your seller has blocked me, refused to refund my broken piece she carelessly packages and there’s no one held liable for any of it but the buyer. Sad but true.

Highly dissatisfied and disappointed in your customer service division. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

Hi @sweettlavnder34-8  This is a member-to-member help board, so everyone helping here is a person like you, not an eBay employee. 

I'll do my best to keep trying to help you, but need more info:

• Are you using eBay on a computer or on a phone?
  • When did you receive the broken item?
  • When you go to My eBay > Purchases/Purchase History, does it say "Return window closed" under the item?

If the seller has blocked you, that only applies to future purchases. It won't affect you getting a refund through eBay's Money Back Guarantee if it's been less than 30 days since you received the item.

tree*fern

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

I apologize if I seem a bit upset. I work a lot of hours a week. I work in the cargo shipping industry which never sleeps. Upon opening my package which was about 15 days after receiving it due to work king and traveling out of town. Was when I was able to learn my item was broken. I heard it before I ever opened it. So I carefully opened it and found it broken onto pieces. Upon doing so I posted a message to the seller, which was to her site and not just her. Then she responded to me and stated that because I posted a negative reply I could get my refund from either EBay or the post office. She didn’t care which however she was not going to refund me anything because of my negative post. Upon which I contact this site and tried to do everything that was recommended to no avail. I am doing everything via my phone. As this is my only means to communicate. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

I received my item on March 23rd but did not open it till about a week ago. All other items that were packaged properly from that time arrived in great condition and professionally wrapped hers came in a box with no bubble wrap no extra protection around the item itself and a single sheet of paper with no taping on it. In a box that was clearly too large for the item without packaging airbags or bubble wrap. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

@sweettlavnder34-8  I understand, I work long hours too. Please tell me the exact date that the item was delivered to you (not the date you opened it).

tree*fern

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

The 23rd of March

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

It says on her site the 22nd, but I do not receive it  until the 23rd

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

@sweettlavnder34-8  OK, March 23 means that you can still request a return for refund. On your phone:

• Go to eBay > Purchases.
  • Tap the item to open the Order Details. 
  • Under Item info, tap More Actions.
  • Tap Return the Item.
  • Select the Reason for Return: Arrived Damaged. 
  • Add details about what happened (describe the box and item damage), and add your photos. 
  • Scroll down and tap Confirm Return.

After you submit the request, the seller will have 3 business days to reply to the case. If the seller doesn't reply by then, you can ask eBay to step in, and eBay will refund you.

Let me know how it goes, and if you have any questions.

tree*fern

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

I did all that already the day after my post on her site. And upon doing so many times since, all it states is the seller does not accept refunds for this item. And any contact I’ve tried to communicate with her are blocked. So what do I do then.? 

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

@sweettlavnder34-8   That message doesn't usually apply for an item damaged in shipping, and since you had a transaction with this seller, she cannot block messages from you. Let me see if the other mentors can help better than I can on this. 

tree*fern

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

@sweettlavnder34-8   Try the process again, but this time select for the Reason for Return: Item is defective. 

tree*fern

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Broken Items.

Hello sweettlavnder34-8

Ebay has a 30-day Money Back Guarantee. This protects Buyers for their eBay purchases for 30 days from delivery. This guarantee supercedes an individual Seller's return policy.

You would need to go into your Purchase History on eBay, select this transaction and open an Item Not as Described case. The Seller must respond to eBay. The Seller needs to refund you in full. If they do not, you need to have eBay step in.

Ebay will then force the refund and the Seller will receive a serious defect on her account. 

You are running out of time to open the case. After that, eBay's Buyer Protections deadline will pass. 

Ebay has help available for you but eBay needs your help to start the refund process by opening the case. Best of luck.

Organizer: eBay Meetup Group: S.E. Michigan Online Sellers, Resellers and Thrifters eBay Etc
Message 15 of 15
latest reply