cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Offer Automatic Credit Card Payment

Have other buyers made a Best offer and eBay automatically charged their credit card?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @amb117ceruj 

eBay had been testing out a procedure where buyers were being asked to provide their payment method prior to making an offer ... and then the payment was taken automatically IF the offer was accepted by the seller.

I haven't heard that this procedure has been formally adopted yet.  Nor have I heard of eBay automatically charging the buyer without their having been asked for their payment info.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @amb117ceruj 

eBay had been testing out a procedure where buyers were being asked to provide their payment method prior to making an offer ... and then the payment was taken automatically IF the offer was accepted by the seller.

I haven't heard that this procedure has been formally adopted yet.  Nor have I heard of eBay automatically charging the buyer without their having been asked for their payment info.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It was adopted in September but I did not receive anything from eBay before I made the offer.  I was shocked to receive a notification that my credit card was already charged.  This is not acceptable to me.  I have left multiple messages with the chat staff.  My phone blocks call from eBay and they refuse to let me call.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@amb117ceruj 

So your ‘preferred’ payment method was simply taken/used without warning?  You weren’t asked how you wanted to pay for THIS transaction?

I’ve always paid with PayPal … and haven’t added any payment methods to eBay since Managed Payments began.  [I’m a buyer only.]  I’ll have to see what happens the next time I make an offer.   [So far I’ve only accepted unsolicited offers from sellers.]

I totally understand your displeasure.  Have you tried reaching eBay on social media  … Facebook or Twitter?  They currently have the most competent CS reps.

Please post back if you learn anything more about this ‘change’.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I will try using a social media platform.  I will let you know what happens.  Thanks for your interest in my topic.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply