cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic 5 stars for tracking uploaded...but took forever to actually ship. Is this fair?

I both buy and sell, and do plenty of both.  Lately, I've noticed that Ebay awards sellers automatic 5 stars for shipping if they upload tracking information in a timely manner.  However...this does not mean the seller actually dropped off the items to the post office, FedEx, UPS, or DHL.  It only means they printed a label.  Should this sort of thing be rewarded?  I've opened cases (and won) before where, even though a label was printed, the goods were actually never dropped off or accepted by the post office.  I have three auctions right now, waiting several days for shipping acceptance...and yet, the seller will automatically get 5 stars for being a good citizen and printing the labels.  Doesn't sound quite right to me.  As a seller, if I print it, I ship it.  It's not that hard.  As a buyer, I sort of expect the same kind of service or, I at least reserve the right to NOT award the seller an automatic 5 stars for shipping when they sit on the merchandise days after their stated "estimated shipping" period.  Mind you, these are often the same sellers who demand immediate payment.  Sheesh...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)