cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A buyer won the auction but never paid

Buyer won auction but never paid.

I had to cancel the item

I am trying to relist it but it give an error because i have reached the max number of items listed for a month.

I am just trying to relist the same item that someone purposely bought to damage my sell.

Now with the help of ebay they actuslly succeeded 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

A buyer won the auction but never paid

And you know they "purposely bought to damage my sell" how exactly?

You are a new seller. You are going to attract more scammers than legitimate buyers. To keep the scammers and other deadbeats from committing to buy your item (and tying it while you go through the unpaid item process) don't use auctions or Best Offer. List as fixed-price Buy It Now only and set the BIN to Immediate Payment Required. You will have to use the Business Tool (link at top right of the Quick Listing Tool eBay pushes on new sellers) to get the options to choose Immediate Payment Required and no Best Offer.

eBay is experimenting with requiring pre-authorization for payment when a buyer makes a Best Offer but that's just an experiment and not applicable to all offerors. Otherwise auctions and Best Offer allow the buyer to promise to pay in order to scam you. Note that anyone requesting you to contact them outside the eBay message system (email or text or phone) is almost certainly a scammer trying to get your contact information (e.g. to send you a fake payment message).

Message 2 of 2
latest reply