cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1971 2 New Pence Coin ELIZABETH II D G REG F D ((RARE))First Edition Release

Noticed that a lot of the sellers who claim to have sold a coin like this all have a rating of (0) and there was only one bid on just about all of them...sure seems fishy that total beginners have such valuable coins and can sell them for between $500- $2000 with only one bid and I can't get a bid of $14.00 on my just as nice coin.  Is this a scam or what exactly is going on???

Just do a search on sold's for this coin and you will see what I'm talking about.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

1971 2 New Pence Coin ELIZABETH II D G REG F D ((RARE))First Edition Release

When an item has a wide range of sold prices, and the highest prices are for items sold by sellers with no feedback, one should not necessarily assume that those transactions were successfully paid for, particularly if the items were relisted immediately.

eBay only collects a fee if money changes hands, and unpaid cancelled transactions do not result in feedback.

Such an outlier transaction could be a case of a new seller with unrealistic expectations, combined with a sport bidder or someone bidding out of spite, or it could be a fraudulent listing with a fraudulent "buyer" and that the deal was simply designed to convince other buyers that a common item is worth paying a lot for in order to try to it sell to others later.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply