cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ancient Central Aisia Amphora?

I acquired this amphora recently at an auction house. The neck has an inscribed brass collar. The shape of this piece seems to match those I've found that are labeled as from China, or Central Aisia. The glaze is really worn, so my guess is that it is ancient. Brass and lead have been used for centuries. Any thoughts or ideas on determining its age and where it was made would be appreciated. IMG_0948.JPGIMG_0950.JPGIMG_0951.JPGWorn glaze.Worn glaze.The foot also has a brass collar.The foot also has a brass collar.Looks like was used as glue. Same as bottom.Looks like was used as glue. Same as bottom.Notice the lead, and the star like shapes.Notice the lead, and the star like shapes.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If no one here can help www.valuemystuff.com is $15 and very good at helping I used them for help on a ding and they were very informative Very cool item
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you. I took your advice.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you wouldn't mind, would you post what you find out? I like to learn. Good luck!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 4 of 4
latest reply