eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Error - IAF Token supplied is invalid

I have just tried to upload 6 items in the new beta version and all items could not be uploaded due to this error.

I am unable to find this in any search so have no idea what it is any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Please use plain text.
vestan@ebay.com
eBay Employee

Re: Error - IAF Token supplied is invalid

in reply to browbands-n-more

I have just tried to upload 6 items in the new beta version and all items could not be uploaded due to this error.

I am unable to find this in any search so have no idea what it is any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Hi browbands-n-more,

For this particular issue I would suggest sending in your log files for support to review. To do this, click Help > Contact Customer Support at the top left of Turbo Lister. The window that opens will allow you to state the error you are receiving and send the email which will automatically attach the log files which will help support find the cause of the problem.

Regards,

Vestan

eBay Turbo Lister Support

****Please do not send email messages to this account as the account is not monitored for questions via email contact. If you have a question, please post a topic, or email to turbodata@ebay.com Thanks!****
Please use plain text.
Community Member

1. First, Backup your listings (File --> Backup Database... ) in specific folder.

Steps for Clean un-installation:

1. Uninstall Turbo Lister 2 ( From Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features)

2. After uninstallation make sure you do not have any file left other than "vcredist_x86.exe" file in the Turbo Lister2 (C:\Program Files (x86)\eBay\Turbo Lister2)

3. After un-install make sure no files left in Turbo Lister2 folder (C:\ProgramData\eBay\Turbo Lister2)

Steps for Installation:

1. In browser address bar hit www.ebay.com/turbolister

or

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/sellingresources/turbolister.html

2. Click on Download Now button to install Turbo Lister.

3. Install Turbo Lister and login with your Credentials.

4. After you login click on Tools--> Check for program updates

5. IMP STEP: Do not join BETA. If it prompts for join BETA Click Cancel and install just Data updates and Listing Designer Updates.

Issue: Joining BETA is expiring your token so this leads to IAF Token invalid issue.

Note: If you don't want to do all these steps best thing to do is just re-login with your credentials (File --> Change user ..) and Click on New button and Re-Login with your credential and import your existing listings will solve your problem. You can upload your listings without any issues.

Note: Please do comment once your problem resolves or if you run into issues again so that I can help you better.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Thank you for the information on how to uninstall the beta and reinstall the software.

I'm surprised to see that Ebay has a beta program, yet no one is responding on the discussion board. This issue is a few days old already, and should  already have a response or a patch.

What's the delay?

I'm sure this gentleman, and I are not the only ones to get this IAF token error.

I need to get my listings posted, these delays costly. I can't help the Beta team if they don't responded to the field testers.

This piece of software needs field testers, it is VERY slow.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I see that Vestan from the Turbo Lister Support team responded earlier today with information on how to report the error with more information. I'm hoping we here more from the support team on how to get past this error soon. Right now my listings are sitting in this program with no where to go.

Any updates Vestan?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Please see "esellerandbuyer" post above for instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling Turbo Lister. I was hoping there would be an easier solution - BUT this is the answer.

I'm not sure if "esellerandbuyer" is from the Ebay/Turbo Lister team or not, but I'd like to thank him for his post.

BTW, I tried to create a new user login, but it didn't work.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

The following workaround fixed my problem: easier solution :-)

(Before you do following steps take data backup of your existing listings) 

1. Close Turbo Lister

2. Navigate to folder C:\ProgramData\eBay\Turbo Lister2\Update

3. Select all files in this folder by pressing CTRL+a.

4. Press CTRL+c to copy all files in directory.

5. Then Navigate to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\eBay\Turbo Lister2

6. CTRL+v to paste files into this dir. (If it prompts for replace conflit files then replace those files)

7. Restart Turbo Lister

8. If it prompts you to login then login with your credentials.

Hope your issue will be resolved.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue after signing up for beta yesterday.

I am using Windows 8 and do not have a C;\ProgramData folder?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

IAF error, couldn't sync problems. Looks like an update didn't complete properly (a clue were all of the dll's and executables preceded by an underscore.)

GSP's solution worked for me. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Note: If you don't want to do all these steps best thing to do is just re-login with your credentials (File --> Change user ..) and Click on New button and Re-Login with your credential and import your existing listings will solve your problem. You can upload your listings without any issues.

I am running Windows XP and I have tried this step, BUT I still get the error when I try to set up my credentials as a new user in TL.  All goes well until TL logs into ebay to authorise the username and password.  At that point I get the IAF error message.  I would really rather not do a complete uninstall/reinstall, especially if that might not work either.  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Newer version of Turbo Lister is available on ebaysite - (9.906.101.2).

Beta Turbo Lister has IAF token issues. Newer version does not have that issues.

Thumb Rule: First BackUp your listings. You can do it in four ways by selecting all your listings in Inventory. (CTRL + a)

1. File --> Export Selected Items --> File Exchange format (CSV file) - Better not use this format

2. File --> Export Selected Items --> Turbo Lister format (CSV file) - (Data will be saved not images. You need to insert images again.)

3. File --> Export Selected Items --> Turbo Lister Database. - Data and pictures will be saved.

4. File --> Backup Database... (Recommended since both data and pictures are saved)

Once after BackUP. Do Clean Un-installation.

Steps for Clean un-installation:

1. Uninstall Turbo Lister 2 ( From Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features)

2. After uninstallation make sure you do not have any file left other than "vcredist_x86.exe" file in the Turbo Lister2 (C:\Program Files (x86)\eBay\Turbo Lister2)

3. After un-install make sure no files left in Turbo Lister2 folder (C:\ProgramData\eBay\Turbo Lister2)

Steps for Installation:

1. In browser address bar hit www.ebay.com/turbolister

or

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/sellingresources/turbolister.html

2. Click on Download Now button to install Turbo Lister.

3. Install Turbo Lister and login with your Credentials.

4. After you login click on Tools--> Check for program updates

5. You will get Data Updates. Install data updates.

6. Once after installation, Do step 4. again (Tools--> Check for program updates)

7. You will get Data and Listing designer Updates Install both.

8. You Turbo lister will be upto Date.

9. Now you can restore your backedUp Listings (File --> Restore Database...) or (File --> Import Items --> From File)

Clean Uninstallation and installation is required for smooth running of Turbo Lister.

TIP :-) : You can Un-install Turbo Lister by using following Command without Navigating to Control panel

Click on Start Button ---> In Run Command paste following command and hit enter button.

msiexec  /uninstall  {8927E07C-97F7-4A54-88FB-D976F50DD46E}

Windows Installer will prompt --> Are you sure you want to Unistall this product? Click Yes button.

Turbo Lister will Un-Install.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

In Windows 8, ProgramData folder is hidden. So do following steps to UnHide that folder.

1. Navigate to C Drive

2. Click on View Tab and Check Hidden Items.

3. ProgramData will show up.

5200089387_ProgramData_win8.jpg
Please use plain text.
dejavu-postcards
Community Member

Thank you! This worked for me.:-)

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Didn't work for me!  I am in the UK, so downloading TL from the US site was a total waste of time as it wouldn't work with my database.  So I downloaded the UK version and installed TWICE.  Still no good - as soon as I try to do an update I get the message "IAF token supplied is invalid".  Total waste of 2 hours and I still can't make any new listings.  Any better ideas???

Please use plain text.
mr.crg
Community Member

I was having the same problem starting yesterday.  Today I downloaded the newest (9.6) version of Turbo Lister, installed over my current version, and all is fixed.  It even saved my database.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Is anyone from ebay actually monitoring this thread?

Is a working UK version of TL going to appear?

Is anyone interested?

I am currently stuck in a loop - I can't use my currently installed version and I can't update to a new version - both because the "IAF token supplied is invalid"

It appears that the US version has been updated.  What about the UK version???????

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have Windows8 and this worked for me. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

This worked great, thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Had the IAF token issue starting today (that I'm aware of)

Uninstalled and downloaded the newest version from the link provided (9.906.101.2).

Reinstalled, put my account credentials in and logged in.

Now I'm trying to synchronize and it isn't doing anything.

The dialog box pops up, "Estimated time left: 0h 0m 0s" "Transfer rate: --"

I've let it sit for over 10 minutes and nothing has changed.

Frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Now we have the same problem.

I really dont care about ebay's beta version issues, It is none of our business to help ebay with software engineering.

I want to list my items, so I can sell them.

It is sad that Ebay can even try to shove this beta stuff down our throats.

Any real suggestions, except for Vestan's, "submit to customer support, so we can work on our Beta version"?

Please use plain text.