cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this?? Cast metal boy in diaper?? With two picks on the bottom...

I have no idea what this is, I think it's a boy in a diaper and cowboy hat?  Maybe part of a larger toy? Any help with this would be appreciated!  It is small but heavy,  measures 3 1/2" long including the picks at the bottom.  Front and back photo below:

IMG_6795.jpg

IMG_6796.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Mt guess is that it's cast iron and a lawn/garden ornament. May be for a plant pot? Age I would not even guess. 

I wish you luck in your research.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your help nc-daydreamer! That's a great suggestion, a pot decoration, I hadn't thought of that, but it is small so it would be for a small pot.  My mom just called me and suggested a cake decoration, maybe for a kid's birthday cake?  Not sure if they decorated cakes with this sort of thing back then.  I will do some googling on both, thanks again!! 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cast iron would never be used for a food decoration, ever! I wonder if it's part of something like a mechanical bank. Those pegs could fit into a base. Also could those be chaps as opposed to a diaper?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Newnamesameperson I think you're right, thank you!! I think it is a part of a bank or toy, I did another search for toy today and this time this came up in completed listings:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cast-iron-toy-figure-part-/113935567573?hash=item1a8716cad5%3Ag%3AFnwAAOSwc...

If that link doesn't work, it is item # 113935567573

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're quite welcome and once again...i'm older than dirt!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply