cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have this old "Philadelphia" map.....

:-DI have an antique steamer trunk that I went through the other day. I call the trunk "My Time Capsule", lol. I found my grandfather's Philadelphia maps by Ben Franlin Co. The cover is stained unfortunately, but I would like to preserve it better. If anyone has any suggestions, I would apprciate it. The pictures are incredible. The Advertisements are just as interesting. Philadelphia history is fascinating.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I do not really do maps but saw an online show on it and I remember there was a section on preservation. Here is a link to the video if you are interested. It's over on iAntique.com Good luck!
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Wow, what a great find. Any idea from what time period they are from?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi

Best bet is to take it to a professional to have it preserved. Ben Franklin Pinted materials can be worth quite a bit.

Many of the original forefathers were also surveyers as there was much land available during that period that was always being parceled out or lines redrawn.

I would also have it professionally appraised by a map expert as you may have a valuable piece and will want to insure it.

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply