Antique & Vintage Jewelry by Design
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Could anybody help identify the material this bracelet is made out of?

Good evening, I found this bracelet a few years ago at a thrift store in Alaska. I think it may be made out of a type of bone. Is there any way to tell fo sure? I think it looks like it has some age to it but there is no way to know for sure. Thanks ...

IMG_9406.JPG IMG_9410.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Identifying jewelry patent date etc

I've obtained several pieces of jewelry from a vintage estate recently but I am running into a brick wall in trying to figure out what the identifying patent marks mean in order to describe them properly. One shows "Pat. Apr.19-10 Oct. 24-11" and ano...

I need help identifying this pearl bangle bracelet

I am not sure of the age, if pearls are seed, baroque or fresh water. Is this gut used to attach the pearls? I am just learning to test for gold, so I don't want to at this point. Would this be Pinchbeck? Could it be a real ruby/garnet? What is the c...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this a hat pin or a stickpin or something else?

This has been in our family for a long time and the more I try to research it the more confused I get. Is it a hatpin? It is only 2" long. A stickpin? It doesn't have a stopper on the end. I'd like to sell it but when I read of all the eBay fakes out...

What is the clear cover on this brooch called?

This Brooch is really neat, however I Have a question, I have never seen a Brooch that has rhinestones with a shellac over it it or whatever it is that clear over the Brooch, could someone please tell me what that is called? Thank you in advance for ...

0920161647_HDR.jpg
Most Marked as Helpful Authors