cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplies "Advanced Ceramic"ATC/ACEO cards Aug

ceramicartcart
Enthusiast

Hi! I'm new here. This seems to be the place to discuss supplies (hope I have it right!). I'm an artist and run a small family owned business selling art materials. This year I have been developing a laser cut advanced ceramic trading card. The working name for this material is PC Substrates, but it will soon have a new name and new packaging. Think of the ceramic plates on space shuttles, think of bullet proof vests (yes some of them are advanced ceramic!). This material is manufactured by the same companies and is in the same "advanced ceramic" family as those incredible ceramic materials! Our trading cards have been tested as safe for school children per the mandatory art materials testing: ASTM D-4236. I think that this material is pretty terrific for a wide range of art mediums! It is suitable for pencil, charcoal, pastels, oil and acrylic paints, ceramic glazes, china paints (yes it can be fired in a kiln), decals, airbrushing, encaustic paintings. You name it! My user id is ceramicartcart The website and online store is www.ceramicartcart.com On the website you will see many examples of how this material has been used by many artists from around the world. The trading card size is a brand new product for us, and is offered on ebay first! Exclusive to Ceramic Art Cart. Really interested in ANY feedback, questions, comments. Thanks so much

Rachel

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This sounds very interesting.I will pass it on to others also. It would be interesting to paint like ceramic painting, but on a card, rather than on a teapot, plate, etc.

Thank you so very much for sharing.

~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ceramicartcart
Enthusiast

Yes, these trading cards can be used with china paints as they can be fired up to stoneware temperatures in a kiln.

However, I think they are also interesting as long lasting trading cards for non-ceramic mediums too. 

One artist has been airbrushing them, they work beautifully with oil or acrylic paints, encaustics, or just pencils and charcoal are just wonderful on this surface. Loose pigments like charcoal just need a light spray of artist fixative and the trading card becomes waterproof! I feel like one of those sham-wow commercials "but wait! There's more!" But there really isn't much you can't do on this material and they will never degrade with light, humidity. We also supply much larger sheets online for other applications and have earring blanks which will be offered on ebay in a week or two. Ok, I don't want all my posts to be advertisements, but I am really looking forward to any feedback from the ACEO community. Looking forward to getting to know some of the members here. All the best, Rachel

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I think we all can benefit finding out new ways to do our art, and think this would fit in with the ways some might like to do their art.

I've already shared it with a large group that could be extemely interested and several have gotten back for more details.

I saw the samples on your listing. They are very attractive and unique. Lots of possibilities.

Thanks for sharing, Rachel.

~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply