cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media API not working?

To upload the video, I first checked the sandbox environment and apim.sandbox.ebay.com doesn't seem to exist.
The documentation says to use the above, but is that actually not the case?
````
$ dig apim.sandbox.ebay.com

;; Warning: Message parser reports malformed message packet.

; <<>> DiG 9.18.18-0ubuntu0.22.04.2-Ubuntu <<>> apim.sandbox.ebay.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 49146
;; flags: qr rd ra ad; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: Message has 58 extra bytes at end

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;apim.sandbox.ebay.com. IN A

;; Query time: 129 msec
;; SERVER: 172.29.96.1#53(172.29.96.1) (UDP)
;; WHEN: Thu Apr 04 13:26:49 JST 2024
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 109

````

I tried it in the production environment and it always responds with the following message.

`There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance`

Is MediaAPI working?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Media API not working?

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/commerce/media/resources/video/methods/createVideo#h3-resource-u...

As per the documentation, the domain in the sandbox environment appears to be definitely apim.sandbox.ebay.com.
And the above domain does not appear to exist.
Is this domain indeed available?

Also, the production environment continues to show `There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance`.

I believe the request itself has been reached as there is the following response header.

{
  "rlogid": ["t6n%60bnbdvn9%3Ftilhccjdgwj%28%3Fmsk2*w%60ut344%3E-18eab4ba07f-0x233c"],
  "content-type": ["application/json"],
  "content-length": ["222"],
  "date": ["Thu, 04 Apr 2024 22:47:24 GMT"],
  "x-envoy-upstream-service-time": ["32"],
  "server": ["ebay-proxy-server"],
  "x-ebay-pop-id": ["SLBRNOAZ05"]
}

We see the value in using the API for efficient listings.Please support us.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Media API not working?

I also tried with API Explorer and could see the same error.
We expect a quick response.

{
  "stack": "Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND apim.sandbox.ebay.com\n at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (node:dns:107:26)\n at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.callbackTrampoline (node:internal/async_hooks:130:17)",
  "message": "getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND apim.sandbox.ebay.com",
  "errno": -3008,
  "code": "ENOTFOUND",
  "syscall": "getaddrinfo",
  "hostname": "apim.sandbox.ebay.com"
}

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Media API not working?

Hello,

The sandbox environment 'apim.sandboxebay.com' appears to be unavailable or incorrectly configured, hindering video uploads via ebay's mediaAPI. In the production environment, encountering internal system errors suggests issues on ebay's end.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Media API not working?

Hi @lock-on-jp @shelton786,

The request payload of the createVideo method has the following fields:

Field

Description

Required?

title Title of the video. This should be text only, and markup tags are not supported.

Yes

size The size of the video in bytes. This value must be accurate or the seller may be blocked from uploading the video. The maximum allowed size for a video is 150MB, or 157,286,400 bytes

Yes

classification The seller passes in a value of ITEM in this field, which indicates that the video will be associated with an item listing.

Yes

description This is the user-defined description of the video. Like the title, this should be text only, and markup tags are not supported.

No

If a createVideo method is successful, a 201 Created HTTP status code is returned along with a newly-created video ID value in the Location response header.

The next step is to upload this video using the uploadVideo method. The uploadVideo method has no request payload, but you upload a video file in binary format to the endpoint. To accommodate the upload of this binary file, the content-type request header is required, and its value should be set to application/octet-stream.

For information, refer to the "Managing videos" guide here

Best Regards,
eBay Developer Support
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Media API not working?

Thanks developer_support@ebay  the detailed explanation.
I was able to confirm that both createVideo and uploadVideo work properly in the production environment.

The reason for this in the first place was that the parameters were not being sent, but I think this should have been responded to with a 400 error instead of a 500 error.

What about the sandbox environment issue I mentioned at the beginning?
The lack of an environment to check is hindering development very much.

I think everyone is in trouble.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply