cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worldwide shipping need help

I have such a hard time finding these groups that I don't know where I am half the time. Okay, my problem is I would like to offer to sell outside of the US with my aceo paintings. Now what I would like to know is do I ship them myself to the other countries or do I send the aceo in an envelope to one of ebay's international shipping centers for them to send it out ? Please tell me what you all do about this, I would like to get started today offering them to people in other countries. Also is there some places I should be aware of shipping to that maybe would be to much trouble ? thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi - I don't know about others but I like to send ACEO's in a regular letter or card - like a thank you card so that would go under first class international and it is not insured. 

If the person wants to pay 12 or so dollars more I can register the letter or card and that comes automatically with $49.00 indemnity (insurance) added to the cost of shipping.   (add .20 each ounce or each letter for non machinable mail since it has a hard object within) No one ever asked me to insure an ACEO - then again, they paid very little in the first place but at least its offered.  I offer it as Standard Shipping.  In my description I explain that it means first class international plus registered mail.  Without registration I can just put  proper amount of postage on the envelope  with stamps and drop in a mail box - no customs needed.  Shipping to Canada is cheaper than shipping to most other countries so check out first class international shipping costs - and to register it you would add the  12.50 or 12.50 to it.  I forgot exactly what it cost to register but I think you would have to go to the Post Office to register it.  You can also pay for international shipping plus registering it all at once.  I also recommend slipping the ACEO into a hard cover protector before putting it in the letter  or envelope.  And you you should sell a bunch

If someone buys a bunch then I ship them in a 4"x8" bubble envelope.  I make sure there is something in their with them to prevent them from being being bent - like cardboard.  I first slip each ACEO in its usual transparent flexible sleeve then stick them in a small envelope with a piece of cardboard - then slip that into the smallest size bubble envelope.  You will need a green customs paperwork to go with it.  You may want to go to the post office to see how you put the customs paperwork in place - I do it my self - fill out my portion and glue it to the envelope (make room to glue it in front ) and give it to my mail carrier who gives it to the post office to stamp their part of it.  It sounds more complicated than it turns out to be.

Hope this helps. 

Thea

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Drs_art is correct.  Most are shipping themselves.  It's way cheaper....Almost all of us ship internationally.  Personally I ship anywhere in the world.  As long as they pay me first (and they should) I have never had a hassle.  

You are more than welcome to join us at our sister group on facebook, where most of the action takes place now.  If you don't like facebook, I would suggest creating a fb account if for nothing else to join the group.....you can restrict access to your fb account and no one could bother you 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715/251825628297790/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Leola: 

Thanks for the suggestion but frankly, I will never register for a FB account for personal as well as practical reasons. I am not alone here.  Actually, I can see another eBay artists groups Facebook  page with crucial information on it without having to be registered at all.  If this group would do that for non members, at least to see the upcoming topics and winners and other important matters that would be of some help.  Or - a blog which shows the crucial information that also needs not be actually registered to see.  This works for me and a few other FB non registrants.  Thanks anyway.

Thea

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

4salegoods

Also:  I have no problem finding this group because I've bookmarked this groups discussion page.   If I'm not signed in I can sign in after I reach the page.  I have also bookmarked the main groups page and once signed in all my groups appear in a list with live links.  Bookmarks make it so much easier.

Thea

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

OOPS!  Sorry southshoreartist -

the message begjnning Leola was meant for you!  I got mixed up reading your post because is said in reply to 4salegoods

on the top of your listing and it confused me into thinking 4salegoods wrote it.

TheaSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
latest reply