cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reselling Prints of Orignial ACEOs?

I notice that many ACEO artists here resell their original ACEO cards as prints. I need your help to answer some questions if you have the time:

1. How soon after selling the original do you start selling it as a Limited Edition or Open Edition print?

2. Are there any pitfalls to doing this?

3. Do you sell such ACEO prints as a Limited Edtion or Open Edition?

4. Do you sell these images in different sizes?

When selling the prints do you use auctions or Buy Now? 

Thank you in advance for all of your help. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

No one answered. Please delete my question. 

Thanks. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You can start selling them as prints immediately if you want.  I know a seller who hasn't sold her original painting but has started selling them as prints and is making money from it that way.  The prints will usually sell for less of course,  but in time,  you can wind up making possibly as much as or even more than your original did. Experiment and see how well a print will sell. If it becomes popular,  keep doing it.  Or you could make it a limited if you notice it's not selling,  and when your inventory is sold out,  that's it.  You can always choose to offer it as a print again later if you want.  You're the artist,  so it's all up to you what you do with your pieces.  

The only pitfall in my opinion if someone starts copying your painting.  There's a lot of copycats in the art world today,  so just be careful to watch for that.  

You can try listing them in different sizes to see how well they sell.  I've seen some around 5" x 7" inch size sell too.  It's all up to you.  If they don't sell,  then you can always go back to normal size.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I posted a reply above.  Hope it helps.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply