cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller deliberately removing expiration dates from medication, putting buyers health in danger.

I don't know where else to write. I've reported this seller twice via the report a seller button (no response, no actions taken). Contacted C/S regarding this sellers nefarious practices via email three times (no response, no actions taken). Left negative feedback with photographic evidence of this seller's ongoing practice putting people's health in danger only to have it removed when seller requested feedback removal from eBay because the seller was forced to refund me via an item not as described case for this very reason (seller stated 04/2025 expiration date in listing but what I received had no date at all, seller removes them using Acetone.)

The product I received was fused together as one large mass (gummies) due to being expired, there was yellow residue under the cap from oxidation as the product was probably several years old. I purchased this for my children and thank God I caught it, it could have made them sick or worse.

This seller has negative feedback going back at least a year which I can see from lots of other buyers that reported what this seller is doing. Upon confronting the seller, seller denies and gets upset over the negative feedback received but does not stop this practice!! The item I purchased for example is still listed! Seller only sees money. All this seller cares about is money and ruthlessly continue this illegal practice at the expense of people's trust and health and I won't stand for this.

This is against eBay's terms of service yet this seller is allowed to continue doing this unpunished. This is a liability to eBay as a corporation and to buyers health. I need someone to reach out to me so I can report this seller and have them removed from the marketplace.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Seller deliberately removing expiration dates from medication, putting buyers health in danger.

Nice catch!

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

Re: Seller deliberately removing expiration dates from medication, putting buyers health in danger.

Most comments here speak to the health risks of expired gummies. I never claimed to be an expert nor explicitly stated that anyone will absolutely get sick. I alluded to it being a possibility based on my assumption of products containing sugar and moisture to be a breeding ground for bacteria. If it is in fact not dangerous in any way, thank God for that.

My main reason for making this post was to bring to light eBay's negligence in taking buyer's reports seriously. I expect eBay to be a moderated marketplace. I don't expect eBay to moderate each and every single listing or seller but at a minimum they should take and investigate buyer's reports seriously instead of simply ignoring them.

In my case, I took the time to put together a factual report regarding this seller and their nefarious practices. I showed photos of the product received with the expiration date removed along side the same product without the expiration date removed. I went through the seller's feedback history and put together a list of all feedback received by the seller which referred to expiration dates being wiped away or cut out from boxes— feedback spanning back the length of this seller's account history for dozens of various products. I showed communication with the seller where I called them out on their practice and instead receiving an apology and the listings pulled from their store, I was met with denial and continue to see the seller offering the same expired product for sale with the same falsely claimed expiration date. It is clear to me that this seller is up to no good and if nothing more, is clearly ripping buyers off and insulting their intelligence by sending them expired products.

When I purchase something from someone claiming it expires sometime next year, I put my trust in the seller being honest but I also put my trust in eBay to ensure that these sellers stay honest.

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

"Most comments here speak to the health risks of expired gummies. I never claimed to be an expert nor explicitly stated that anyone will absolutely get sick."

kazeboon;REVIEW
When an innocent 4 year old child ends up in the emergency room with unbearable stomach pain from stomach poisoning due to bacterial growth on the expired gummies, it will be eBay that will need to pay the hospital bill, legal fees and compensation for pain and suffering, not these trash sellers looking to turn a profit from literal garbage.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

You're always right Cathy.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

True, but my name's not Cathy.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 20 of 32
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

True, but my name's not Cathy.

"Surely, you can't be serious." 

"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley." 

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

s-l1600 1.pngs-l1600 2.pngs-l1600 3.pngs-l1600 4.jpg

I've encountered 4 different sellers peddling expired medication/dietary supplements with forged expiration dates since my last post. This seems to be an epidemic on eBay. I've reported all 4 sellers and have yet received a response to any of my reports. Keep attacking me and making petty jokes at my expense though. We will see how funny it is once someone gets seriously ill or worse for consuming recalled medication that was re-sold on eBay by these nefarious merchants.

On an aside, in the first example; the pressurized seal over the bottle that looks ready to burst is not an indication of fermentation (bacterial growth)?

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Four sellers selling expired meds is an epidemic? You probably need to give this a rest for your own well being. A dog with a bone comes to mind.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

The problem in this country this is okay.  The government allows it. I know a place in our town that sells expired food. No accountability if something bad happens. 

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Who's going to in force this law. Letita James has bigger fish to fry. 

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

Look at all the garbage the government allows that is already allowed on our grocery store shelves. 

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I wouldn't buy any medicine or food here, unless I knew the seller.

Yeah and don't by used toilet paper either.

Sheesh. The lengths people go to save a nickle.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@bryo_3145 wrote:

The problem in this country this is okay.  The government allows it. I know a place in our town that sells expired food. No accountability if something bad happens. 

Food doesn’t “expire” the way medication does, though.  The dates you see on food are “best before” or “use by” dates, not expiry dates, that indicate that the producer of the food can’t guarantee the quality of the food after that date.

“Best before” doesn’t necessarily mean “awful after” for shelf-stable products such as canned tomatoes.  Perishables are a somewhat different story.  And medication is a very different thing altogether.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

Actually medicine isn't a very different thing. This is from an article published by Harvard:

"Most of what is known about drug expiration dates comes from a study conducted by the Food and Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military faced tossing out and replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date. So, the expiration date doesn't really indicate a point at which the medication is no longer effective or has become unsafe to use."

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

Yes thats true. As a nurse in a hospital for thirty years, I often had to run down to the pharmacy to pick up meds for new orders. I often saw bottles with expiration dates on the shelves, and two different pharmacists told me the meds were good for another ten years. And they were taught that in medical school.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply