cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES DROPPING!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, hope you are fab. I have a huge issue as you can tell from the tittle my sales are dropping drastically, some days i just make 1-2 sales. have spoken to ebay customer service and they state no restrictions on account, i have even tried to bump up the listings by promoting considering making a loss still not getting any sales. any help, guidance by the way i am not a drop shipper and i hold all of my stock. any help on where i am going wrong or what i could do

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: SALES DROPPING!!!!

It is a very sad time for many sellers! It has been a wonderful place to sell until October. It helped me take care of my mom and grandson. Now I will have to get a job and then put my mom in a home. cry So hard to speculate what is going on. It is for sure eBay but why? Glitches? Slowly fading away small sellers and keeping the biggest sellers to be more like Amazon? I will hold on until January to see if there will be changes for the better. If not, I will not pay for my store. I can't afford paying $21.95 for nothing. I too have tried everything, calling eBay, changing photos, promotions, best offer, nothing is working. In the mean time, I am not purchasing on eBay because I am not making money. Thinking of all of you sellers that are hurting and  happy for those of you that are doing well!

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

I just went out and got a job again. So now I'm working in a huge factory making RV's and... well, it sucks.

BUT as much as I liked being self-employed, it IS great to get out and be with other people again. I don't love the job but I do love working some great new friends.

I'll continue doing ebay part-time. Maybe I'll get a sale or two.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Thats the worse thing of all-Ebay remains mute....
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Yes also i have sales on almost all my items and have added more listings,,Ill post again in another 4 days,,I know its Thanksgiving week-but things better start moving in a better direction soon {Ive been thinking lately how nice it will be not to deal with the ebay headache anymore} If it wasn't for the money!
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

sorry wrong picture
Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

We are seeing the Same thing, 

For Every one Ebay Sale we are getting 50 On Amazon.  Same Products/ Same Prices ( some even higher on Amazon)   Not a pretty sign here right now for the future. 

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

When i look at your items for sale, it says 211 items for sale, yet it only shows me 11 items.  Why is that?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 24 of 28
latest reply

We're seeing the same thing here on eBay, sales are down 20% over the past two weeks. Amazon, Walmart, and Google Shopping are doing normal Xmas time sales. 

One thing we've noticed was that the percentage of sales that come from promoted listings increased over the past two weeks. 

Prior to mid November 50% of our sales were organic and approx. 50% came from promoted listings. 

Now, only about 10% of our sales come organically and 90% come from promoted listings. 

Not sure what eBay tweaked if anything, but this is the only thing we're seeing different (in addition to impressions being 50% lower).

Happy Holidays. 

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

@bargainbigly wrote:

We're seeing the same thing here on eBay, sales are down 20% over the past two weeks. Amazon, Walmart, and Google Shopping are doing normal Xmas time sales. 

One thing we've noticed was that the percentage of sales that come from promoted listings increased over the past two weeks. 

Prior to mid November 50% of our sales were organic and approx. 50% came from promoted listings. 

Now, only about 10% of our sales come organically and 90% come from promoted listings. 

Not sure what eBay tweaked if anything, but this is the only thing we're seeing different (in addition to impressions being 50% lower).

Happy Holidays. 

90% promoted listings??! That is a huge number! 

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

I am a small Seller relative to other Sellers.

Having said that, I had a booming Nov and Dec

for me.

T HEN, a Buyer requested that I HOLD a two-part

sale  AFTER she paid (she had out-of-town plans through

29 Dec).  Of course, I agreed even though I had no

prior notification.  When the two transactions went

late with two marks on my dashboard, my sales abruptly

stopped.  After my booming holiday spurt, I sold ZERO

since early January.

Am I the only one to smell "something rotten in Denmark?"

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

I am a small Seller relative to other Sellers.

Having said that, I had a booming Nov and Dec

for me.

T HEN, a Buyer requested that I HOLD a two-part

sale AFTER she paid (she had out-of-town plans through

29 Dec). Of course, I agreed even though I had no

prior notification. When the two transactions went

late with two marks on my dashboard, my sales abruptly

stopped. After my booming holiday spurt, I sold ZERO

since early January.

Am I the only one to smell "something rotten in Denmark?"

Possibly Limburger cheese?
Message 28 of 28