cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error updating listings (quantity or shipping) : not currently supported by this tool

I am unable to update inventory, either bulk edit in Active Listings or on the Revise Item page.

Happens with many listings, also happens if i try to update shipping cost. This really stinks as i need to update a few items that are low or out.

I get the following error on Revise Item page when i try to save:

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Inventory-based listing management is not currently supported by this tool. Please refer to the tool used to create this listing.

On the bulk edit i get a similar error

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• This operation is not allowed for inventory items.

Thanks,

-Chris

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Error updating listings (quantity or shipping) : not currently supported by this tool

Same here. Do you mind sharing your experience after this post? I'd really like to save some time. Shopify experience is still a little painful.
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

Re: Error updating listings (quantity or shipping) : not currently supported by this tool

What was your experience after moving away from Shopify? How did you retain your listings? Do you use anything else for a front-end website?
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

I too have recently left Shopify and have been left with about 27 listings that have the "Inventory-based listing management is not currently supported by this tool. Please refer to the tool used to create this listing" error.

I would really appreciate any assistance in resolving this matter.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Hi

Is there any way to roll back the listing?

Relisting / Sell similar is a nightmare.

Its really not fair if you try a tool out, import your current ebay listings then if it doesn't work out with the third party tool that you then go to try manage the listings directly in ebay and you can't.

This needs to be fixed eBay. It's absolutely ridiculous!  Help your sellers out, dont make our lives harder. It will be the best for the both of us.

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

I've read through all these messages and can't see how to fix this issue?

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

End that item on Ebay, then relist is and make all the changes you want, submit. It will work. : ) Relisting is free.
Message 21 of 32
latest reply

End that item on Ebay, then relist. Make all changes you want, submit and it will work. Relisting is free. 🙂
Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Hi,

I have the same problem and Shopify doesn't help me saying the problem is on eBay. 

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

Issue with this solution is you lose item sold and feed history. Has anyone found a solution in which we can keep existing listings?

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just ran into the same problem. Has anybody found a way round it rather than ending and re-listing? Really don't want to lose sales history. It's an absolute joke that this should be allowed to happen.

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

What a Joke! Cannot believe this has been an ongoing issue and it still plagues business owners who waste tireless hours listing their products to find after clicking the 'Update Listing ' button, they get the following warning: 

It looks like there's a problem with this listing. Inventory-based listing management is not currently supported by this tool. Please refer to the tool used to create this listing.

Thank you eBay for stepping up and resolving this technical glitch with your system. Don't blame it on other programs like Shopify -- fix YOUR system.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

Thare are two APIS

There is an API call called

bulkMigrateListings

which changes all your listings to API only and it doesn't seem there is a way of changing it back. The issue I have is that my orders system is using the old API for stock and now can't update stock because my listing tool uses the new API and converted my listings.

I need to convert my listings back but there doesn't seem to be a way of doing it. The eBay API is a mess.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@imaxles 

You are in the UK, this is the US Board..........urge you to post on the UK board.......

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

me too!  This is very annoying. Ebay is making it tougher and tougher to be a platform of choice!!

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

Wow.  Ebay should reimburse you for all the time you spent trying to make THEIR system work for you.  Seems like a ridiculous issue! Moving my products to a different platform.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply