cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to sell ethnic Postcards

I have an assortment of Ethnic / Black Americana postcards and I was wondering if there is any outlets to sell these cards.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I guess this depends where you are.   I could suggest bringing them to a postcard or stamp show and offering to dealers, but expect an offer at 25% of retail.   You could also contact the leading dealers, say through the Intl Federation of Postcard dealers.   if you have a local postcard club you might make more by selling direct or putting in a club auction.  if your lot is quality/large, you might get an auction house to auction it for 25% Buyer fee. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you very much for your information.

Tom

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Also there's very active facebook groups for ephemera and postcard selling. I believe most permit that sort of thing as long as they aren't too extreme with caricatures or slurs.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have sold Bk/Americana here but they were not the caricatures or racist ones but more the life in America type. Or Rppcs. Wording is very inportant if you list here and be ready for a takedown if the bots don't like it

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have created a lot / pile of cards and listed them for a low price.  I guess that is better than just tossing history in the trash.  Thank you for your replys.

Tom

Message 6 of 6
latest reply