cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay is suspending my accounts

Hello,

each account i open it gets suspended imidietly,  im trying to auction laptops from usa and send them to  a delaware reshipping wearhouse and from there ship them to europe - they are TAX free and offer cheaper shipping...

but each time i enter the delaware shipping address and try o use a credit card to purchase an auction laptop my account gets banned - suspended...

is this something which is against ebay terms and conditions ?!?!?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

EBay has flagged your credit card and probably your US address and will not allow you to buy here.

While it is allowed to have multiple accounts, constantly opening new ones to buy high value/high fraud items like laptops, would be another red flag.

If you tried buying in Germany or France, and were still being NARU'd *, I'd find another venue for these purchases.

Look back to that first NARU'd account. You were likely told approximately what led to the ban.

*Not An Registered User

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

eBay doesn't allow opening new accounts when other accounts you have are suspended.

eBay will be suspending this account soon as well. 
The message you received regarding the suspension will give a reason.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

qeqo_0
Thrill-Seeker

@mali.vr76 wrote:

but each time i enter the delaware shipping address and try o use a credit card to purchase an auction laptop my account gets banned - suspended... 

It's unlikely that eBay has started to blacklist the freight forwarder addresses yet, many in the NOMAD states such as Delaware, using that as the reason to block your purchase. So that leaves your payment as the reason.

If you were presenting your credit card directly at eBay Checkout

-- eBay stores your credit card and may have recognized/re-recognized your credit card, or

-- eBay's payments processor Adyen might have refused to send your credit card upstream for payment.

Instead, you would've clicked on PayPal (which hides your funding source -- that's how PayPal works) at eBay Checkout, and paid with your credit card there.

eburtonlab_0-1683990323621.png

Otherwise @mali.vr76 if you could buy-it-now rather than an auction, you'd use Guest checkout instead.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

auction has good prices i can resell it here make some bread 😕 but it looks like ebay does not like that

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@qeqo_0 

There is no problem with freight forwarders.

From the seller's point of view the MBG ends on the forwarder's doorstep.

Shipping to a forwarder also stops the 'customs delay' fraud, and return shipping labels for NAD claims go to the forwarder not the overseas address.

EBay even has its own forwarding service, which offers stronger Seller Protection than shipping domestically.

From the buyer's point of view, as the OP says, import fees are usually covered by the forwarder's service, Delaware has no state sales tax, and shipping en masse is cheaper than paying for single packets.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

If I'm reading your post correctly you are saying that it is probably the sellers cancelling the purchases. But the op is saying that their accounts are being suspended.   Sellers can not do that so eBay must be doing it.   It's not a good idea to suggest that the op keep trying to buy by hiding information.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@mali.vr76 

What is against eBay Terms & Conditions is creating a new account to circumvent a restriction on another account. So if you continue to create new accounts there's going to be no possibility of getting any account reinstated.

All anyone here can do is guess at the reason for your initial suspension. If the original notice didn't state the reason you'll need to contact customer service through the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page. They should be able to tell you the reason and if there's anything you can do to get your account reinstated.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

You need to find out exactly why your account has been suspended and go from there... You need to address the situation and correct things if possible.  As others have noted, that requires contacting CS.  Trying to circumvent ebay's decision is not at all a good idea, unless you don't care about being banned permanently. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@qeqo_0  Advising someone to attempt getting around policies is not the way to go. If someone has a suspended account they are not supposed to open more and keep trying to get around the suspension in order to buy... if eBay wanted them to buy they wouldn't be suspended.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@mali.vr76,

As others have said, ebay tracks various information from suspended accounts, to prevent new ones from being opened by the same person.  If you created one account for buying and another to resell those purchases, and logged in to the selling account from the buying one to look at an auction, that would be a possible "shill bidding" red flag as far as ebay is concerned, even if there was no attempt to bid on an auction.

I'm not sure if ebay's regular customer service can help you with the problem or not. If they are no help, I would suggest You scroll to the bottom of the page, and use the security center button under the Tools & Apps header.  You would need to have the reason given in the suspension notice as to why the first account(s) were suspended.

If that does not work for you, your last option would be to try and contact ebay through their Facebook site. ( link below)  You would need to have the username(s)  for the first suspended account(s), and again the suspension reason, then let the rep who catches your case know that you tried opening new accounts, not knowing that you were breaking ebay's policy about trying to circumvent an account closing.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Once you have an account suspended you are NOT allowed to create a new account.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@mali.vr76 wrote:

auction has good prices i can resell it here make some bread 😕 but it looks like ebay does not like that

Please clarify.....your profile shows that you're in the US. So why would you be using a freight forwarder in Delaware when you buy your items? 

If you aren't in the US but are telling ebay you are, that might account for the suspensions. Ebay can tell if a member lies about their location.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 13
latest reply