cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking for EBay standard envelope shows delivered to wrong address

I have had numerous buyers message me that they have not received an item when the tracking shows delivered. When I check the status it says it has been delivered but is no where near the correct address. Anyone else having this issue or know what is going on? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have. I have a lot of packages  I have tracking on that will not track after having him standing inside of a post office. Thus- I’ve had cases opened against me which has affected my seller level. Seems like eBay would get it together and stop penalizing the sellers when the fault is on the Postal Service  wing horrible. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This has been an issue for me as well. The tracking system is horrible with the standard envelope.. but its the cheapest way to ship these cards.. the failsafe is that when the buyer buys the item from you, their address is sent right to you. how they have it in their profile, if it says "delivered to unit" that means it was given to the post office hub and is still in transit to the person house. Unless the post office is messing up.. all the time.. which can happen. The last scan of destination might be the only one uploaded on your end.. next to where it says delivered is the zip code. Does it match the one that was the buyers address? If it says delivered then you are free of any responsibility. You did your job, sent the item to the address provided. On a seller standpoint, you did your job. I usually suggest to the buyer to talk to their local post office hub to see where their item might have went. Or to give it an extra day. Even if they open a case against you just leave it open and when the time comes have eBay settle the case. You will win every time.. simply because the scan says delivered.. when ends up happening is they don't penalize you but will end up giving the money back to the buyer (eBay not taken from you) as a one time thing. I have had period of time where I had to many buyers claiming they didn't get packages . half the time, they would show up other times they claimed it didn't. Issue is you can't tell if it actually showed up or not. hence why I leave it up to the tracker as well as eBay. Be helpful and understanding to the buyers concern, but don't instantly refund any money. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I buy collectible baseball cards often shipped via eBay standard, and the tracking is all over the place.  Usually says delivered 1 day before I actually receive the card(s). Never lost a card so I never put much thought into the actual route it takes and the reasoning for the odd tracking.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply