cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats more visible an auction or fixed store item?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The same visibility in best match (the default). In all reality it depends on who is searching. Many buyers like auctions so they will search only auctions. Many buyers like BIN so they will search only BIN. Many buyers like make an offer so they will search make an offer. Many buyers like to find the best deals so they will search lowest first.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on how your buyer searches and what they are looking for. An auction will most likely show up first to someone who is sorting by price, lowest to highest.

Many buyers also search for auctions by soonest ending time, so in that case price wouldn't matter.

However, some people prefer Buy it Now because it cuts down on waiting time.

Both formats also support promotion so that is a toss up factor as well.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

My two cents -- I use promoted listings on most of my listings. 99.9% of my Buy it now listings are promoted, because I'm willing to pay the fee since it only is a percentage and comes out upon sale.

I avoid auctions since I can most times get more out of a BIN, and I refuse to pay a flat up front amount for an ad without knowing what I will make on the sale, and have to pay it no matter if it sells or not. Ive never stopped to tally it...but those flat prices probably end up being more expensive than percentage ad fees I pay.

So, for me, my fixed listings get tons more visibility than my auctions... WHICH IS MY DOING because i selectively do ads. 🤷‍♂️ again, my two cents and my paradox I face

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy wrote:

My two cents -- I use promoted listings on most of my listings. 99.9% of my Buy it now listings are promoted, because I'm willing to pay the fee since it only is a percentage and comes out upon sale.

Auctions can be promoted too, so not much of an advantage there.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply