cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating and revising an older buy it now listing issues

Today while working on listings, updating some of the to use the ebay envelope USPS option.

I picked a listing where the item would fit in the dimensions required 11 x 6 x 1 less than 3oz.

Entered the correct dimensions and wgt, and went to the "change service" to chose the "ebay standard envelope" option and it was not there....however If I create it from scratch all the correct options are there, so I went ahead created a new listing for the older listing with the only thing changed was the shipping to the ebay envelope..listed it and is live as listed..   NOW the old listing (store) had zero views or sales ...This leads me to believe that older listings are not being exposed due to all the different changes ebay has been doing to the platform and basically leaves older listing dead and not updated on ebay internal side(so that when I revised the original listing I started on that the current platform options should have been shown but were not).....

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@quicksilverdiecast 

If you're referring to the eBay Standard Envelope shipping, you have the dimensions wrong.

The thickness has to be 1/4" or less, so 1" is too thick.

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/choosing-a-carrier-and-service/ebay-standard-envelope

lacemaker3_0-1715448608656.png

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The postal calculator does not accept fractional figure and makes you round up to 1" on thickness

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@quicksilverdiecast wrote:

The postal calculator does not accept fractional figure and makes you round up to 1" on thickness

Never-the-less, I think that may be why you were not able to select eBay Standard Envelope for the listing in question.

I think the minimum thickness is 1" for packages, but you would need to select envelope for eSE. No?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Its not the 1 inch thickness, because "1" is a default value and you can't enter less than 1.  

More than likely, the category doesn't qualify.  In the stamps category, if the item is listed as manufactured in United Kingdom, it will not qualify for ESE.  The OP is going to need to tell us what the item and category is.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

No the USPS calculator does not accept fractional sizes and plainly states to round up to the nearest 1" regardless of the method you choose...feel free to give it a try and enter .25 or 1/4" 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Small restoration decals for a vehicle

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@lacemaker3 Here's what I selected to get the option on a loose trading card I was selling the other month.  

Screenshot 2024-05-16 184358.png

Message 8 of 8
latest reply