cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let Me Get This Straight..

Ebay will not allow me to sell an Americana salt and pepper shaker set from the 1950s that shows a black man and woman dressed in an Aunt Jemima outfit, BUT WILL allow all types of Nazi memorabilia and coins? Ebay's excuse is the salt an pepper shaker set is offensive, yet the death of millions of people at the hands of the Nazis is not. Absolutely unbelievable! EBAY is racist. Why, because they make racism by declaring racisms. It is a salt and pepper set. Who cares that it has black people?  I don't see rednick figurines being called racist.  If you want racism to go away, then stop talking about it. The CEO and board are absolutely clueless and apparently very WOKE.  IF they are into Woke, then maybe they are into Cancel. Ridiculous. 

Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

@swhmetta 

IMHO I feel you have a valid point. 

Message 2 of 210
latest reply

You need to read the Offensive materials policy
It is quite clear as to what is and isn't allowed. 
IMG_1679.jpeg

Message 3 of 210
latest reply

Then they need to focus on the hundreds of Nazi items on Ebay. You clearly didn't read my post. 

Message 4 of 210
latest reply

@ebooksdiva 

I have seen this list you posted, but honestly there is so much hypocrisy . I see things all the time that should not be allowed.

About 5 years ago I was shopping for some new underwear. I did a normal search, and what immediately popped up? A real naked man , in all his “splendor” wearing women’s underwear. Yup , there was nothing left to the imagination . Plus he was a TRS. I reported it, nothing was ever done..he had a lot of “watchers” . There does seem to be a real lack of enforcement of these policies. 

Message 5 of 210
latest reply

EBay's constantly growing list of restricted and prohibited items, some of which are very vague, along with the VERO program and some of the reasons I was basically forced to search out other venues and platforms to sell on. I have a LOT of items that I cannot list on eBay that other platforms and venues have no problems or issues with. 

The last confederate flag I bought, which you cannot list on eBay, oddly enough I purchased in a shop at a national park. Go figure. 

Message 6 of 210
latest reply

Thank you! I guess I will have to do the same. I appreciate it. 

Message 7 of 210
latest reply

When ebay hires a bunch of clowns, expect a circus.

Message 8 of 210
latest reply

If there's one single thing eBay excels at, it's definitely hypocrisy. The entire rule book is full of contradictions, hypocrisy, and obscure **bleep**. I think they do it to muddy the waters to take out sellers when they decide they don't like you.

When a corporation shows you that they are untrustworthy, believe them.
Message 9 of 210
latest reply

Actually, I heard that many of the people in the department that was responsible for deciding who eBay doesn't like were laid off in the recent round of employee cutbacks.

Message 10 of 210
latest reply

Where in the ebay user agreement does it purport that policies, rules, determinations, etc are intended to be fair, equitable, just

Must Ebay accept or recognize the rules it makes as binding ?

Your thoughts

Message 11 of 210
latest reply

@swhmetta wrote:

The CEO and board are absolutely clueless and apparently very WOKE.  IF they are into Woke, then maybe they are into Cancel. Ridiculous. 

What is your understanding of what the term 'woke' means?

Message 12 of 210
latest reply

I had historical nazi books taken off and apparentely they are ok.  

That things that are ok, and not ok, looks to be very subjective so 

no wonder like items get kicked off, and others stay.  

Message 13 of 210
latest reply

Ebay's website.

They decide what can and can't be listed.

Joe's diner.

They decide who they will or will not serve.

My home.

I decide who can and can't come in.

As far as other listings thay are on violation, ebay just hasn't caught up to them yet. They will eventually. Feel free to report them.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 14 of 210
latest reply

@swhmetta wrote:

Ebay will not allow me to sell an Americana salt and pepper shaker set from the 1950s that shows a black man and woman dressed in an Aunt Jemima outfit, BUT WILL allow all types of Nazi memorabilia and coins?  

You are fundamentally mistaken. eBay does not allow all types of Nazi memorabilia. 

But just like your salt shakers, some people do list things that are not allowed, and eBay has a team that tried to find them and remove them. But with 1.5 billion items listed, eBay's policy enforcement is not always comprehensive, timely, or accurate. 

Message 15 of 210
latest reply